Daniel Defense AR

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I am in the process of building an AR on DD's website but am unsure if I should build their MK18, V1, V3, V5, V7 or Tornado series and due to my lack of knowledge on the firearm and having issues telling the difference (outside of cosmetically) between them. This will be a home defense/range gun so I do not need the top of the line but want something that is customize-able, reliable and is quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

john_anch_ak

Daniel Defense makes high quality sporting firearms and as you note, they are very customize-able. Why don't you just give them a call and let them know what you are looking for and the amount of money you are looking at spending?

odom4V

Established Member
Daniel Defense makes high quality sporting firearms and as you note, they are very customize-able. Why don't you just give them a call and let them know what you are looking for and the amount of money you are looking at spending?
This. They build fantastic rifles and they'd be glad to help you out with your individual needs. Excellent customer service.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
If you order straight from DD, you end up paying a little more usually, because they will up-charge you for anything you add.

If you can find a model you like, you can usually find them as complete rifles elsewhere and save some coin; however, that requires you to know what you like and don't like.

If you've never owned an AR before, then you can't/won't know what you really like and don't like without experience on the platform.

You can't really go wrong with a DD rifle in the $1200-1400 range, but if you want to spend more, you can get a better rifle for more money.

HandBanana

Established Member
Call them up and talk through what you want exactly and then buy it someplace else to save some money. No matter how you do it, you'll be getting a quality piece of hardware.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
DD makes great rifles. I have a V5LW and I love it. I've added/replaced several items to suit my tastes but it's really good out of the box too.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
careful if you buy a Mk18 or short barreled rifle or upper (14.5 inches or less). you will have to get tax stamps for it to be legal

jshen

Established Member
Dd

Their business is a county over from me and they sell a lot to area law enforcement. Two police friends I've known for 20 years went to see the place last year and each came back with an AR in 700-800.00 range. Talk about a discount!!! As for the barrel, I purchased a Bushmaster last year with a 14.5 inch barrel and a tacked on Phantom flash suppressor with serrated cutting head...making barrel 16 inches...It's legit to do that and I will be doing it on a VEPR-12 if I can find an auto bullpup design.

Right now I have an original Colt- preban- 1982 Sporter with collapseable stock and bayonet lug...Collector rifle that has been in safe for 30 years...if anyone interested. I am looking for a Kel-Tech RFB 308 rifle 18" barrel, an AK, and my soon to be new addition, IWI US Tavor with Timney drop in trigger. That will complete my wants...12 gauge, 308, 223, and 7.62x39.....Oh and 9mm SMG. Ammo is getting too scare...

Users who are viewing this thread