Damper question

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Beside the 2000 Cobra R and the 2003-2004 Cobra, have any other Mustangs had Bilstein dampers as original equipment?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I believe the 00R, 03, and 04 Cobras are the only Mustangs that came stock with Bilstein shock/struts.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
KONIS??????

ShelbyGuy said:
shelby race cars were koni equipped and the street cars rode on gabriels. saleen had a monroe had a tie-in, and i dont know what the roush cars use.

I have seen many '65-'66 GT-350s, street versions, with Konis early on, in '69-'74. I just sold (July'03), an original '66 GT-350H (4-speed) 6S573 with the original (rusted,wings decal) Konis. Other than Hertz, I was the third owner. I went with the second owner in '76, when he purchased it, to check it out for him. The '67-'70 FORD Shelbys, probably had the more mild Gabriels.

Just my $.02

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
hertz cars most definately did not come with konis from shelby-american.

to correct myself, only the 65 and earliest of '66 (the 'transition' cars) came with konis as oem. but the chances of seeing an actual '65 in the wild are slim.

shame on me. i loaned out my shelby-american world registry. i'll try and dig up the part #s tonight. i'm almost positive the hertz cars came on autolite shocks.

Last edited:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Thanks for all the answers. You have pretty much confirmed my research. I might have a good deal on some take off Bilsetin struts with a Ford stamp and just wanted to verify what platform they would have come from.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
got pics? the 00R rears look noticably different from the 03/04 rears. an aftermarket bilstein 00r strut looks different than an 03/04 strut too but I dont know what an oem one looks like.

MidLifeC said:
Thanks for all the answers. You have pretty much confirmed my research. I might have a good deal on some take off Bilsetin struts with a Ford stamp and just wanted to verify what platform they would have come from.

Users who are viewing this thread