Damper Bolt??/Project hold up

Joe 69

Established Member
Hey all,

Project hold up….

I’m still in the process of installing my Whipple 2.9 supercharger on my 13.

I finished the oil pump gears etc. I have been waiting several weeks for a back ordered (I’m told since Feb) ARP damper bolt. The date continues to get pushed back. (July/Aug).

Ok, Question…can I use a new stock damper bolt with the Whipple setup? What is everyone else using with supercharger setups?

Thanks, Joe

vortecd

Established Member
I don't see why not. The ARP is just a better bolt but stock should work fine

Really annoyed about the ARP back order issue. All most every part they make for the coyote was is on back order and worse of all is they keep moving it out. I ran into a hell of a time with getting head studs and cam tower bolts. I had to find someone that had them in stock.

You could call some places and see if they have the bolt along with looking on ebay. I bought mine last year so I already had it before my build

Joe 69

Established Member
I don't see why not. The ARP is just a better bolt but stock should work fine

Really annoyed about the ARP back order issue. All most every part they make for the coyote was is on back order and worse of all is they keep moving it out. I ran into a hell of a time with getting head studs and cam tower bolts. I had to find someone that had them in stock.

You could call some places and see if they have the bolt along with looking on ebay. I bought mine last year so I already had it before my build

Yea, I called them/e-mailed them no response. Went through every vendor
A through Z nothing. I was told nation wide back order.

I can get a Boeing 787 built faster then an ARP bolt. ...(pissed) ok I'm off my soap box.

vortecd

Established Member
Did you try MMR? They had my head studs when no one else did. Pick up a longer bolt from them if you don't have one to install the balancer also

Joe 69

Established Member
Did you try MMR? They had my head studs when no one else did. Pick up a longer bolt from them if you don't have one to install the balancer also

Thanks, I called MMR they said the stock damper bolt is fine. I order a new bolt and the installation bolt.

They are in the process of making their own (MMR) damper bolt for the (Coyote 5.0) application.

Users who are viewing this thread