Damnit... I ALMOST DID IT

mineral03

Established Member
Damn,i was really hoping for an 11 sec timeslip today, but just wasnt meant to be! I think its mostly cause i suck, because i was barely able to match my old 60 ft(1.98) with the my new set of drag radials... i couldnt figure it out, the launches FELT damn good, but the clock was tellin a diff story... some how was able to manage a 1.97 60 ft, and powershifted my way to a 12.07 et. No matter how i launched,i was stuck with 2.1-1.97 60 fts. The only thing that REALLY went good for me, was i made my MPH goal. I was hoping for 117-118 mph, and made that on my first run... then, on my best run, i some how did 119.9!!!!
So, as of today, my best is 12.07 @119.9

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Nice numbers. Cool Bay Area weather never hurts...

03DOHC

Established Member
That's sweet dude! Congrats!:beer: Nice run! Is that without a pulley? Just the mods in your sig right?

mineral03

Established Member
No suspension work at all, and those times were with a 3.10 pulley, but no chip. MPH is definately there, just need to work on my 60 fts... I tell you, those 315/35/17 drag radials helped ALOT compared to the stock tires. I could actually floor it completely in first gear, and it would hook and go. I was suprised how easy they went on too, using the stock 9" wheel. They actually fit decent, not too much bulging out of the rim.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by mineral03
No suspension work at all, and those times were with a 3.10 pulley, but no chip. MPH is definately there, just need to work on my 60 fts... I tell you, those 315/35/17 drag radials helped ALOT compared to the stock tires. I could actually floor it completely in first gear, and it would hook and go. I was suprised how easy they went on too, using the stock 9" wheel. They actually fit decent, not too much bulging out of the rim.
Sweet. Have you had it on a dyno yet with the pulley? I'm curious of the A/F w/o a chip, or did you get one? Any pinging?

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by mineral03
Damn,i was really hoping for an 11 sec timeslip today, but just wasnt meant to be! I think its mostly cause i suck, because i was barely able to match my old 60 ft(1.98) with the my new set of drag radials... i couldnt figure it out, the launches FELT damn good, but the clock was tellin a diff story... some how was able to manage a 1.97 60 ft, and powershifted my way to a 12.07 et. No matter how i launched,i was stuck with 2.1-1.97 60 fts. The only thing that REALLY went good for me, was i made my MPH goal. I was hoping for 117-118 mph, and made that on my first run... then, on my best run, i some how did 119.9!!!!
So, as of today, my best is 12.07 @119.9

Where did you run?

Intense

Established Member
i hope you get it. my goal is to break 11's w/densecharger,3.10 pulley, diablo chip, and DR's. may take more but we'll see. good luck man.

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
R.I.P Miles
site1005.JPG

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Your in a much better place now Bro. God Bless you.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
DAMNIT !!!

and only 23 yrs old too...motorcycles have brought a lot of tragedy to my family over the years....we all need to be so careful of bikes, whether we ride or not.

how many of you were like myself and read this post before he died and said "cool, he'll break into the 11's for sure, probably on his next time at the track" ? .....we just take for granted that we'll get another try, but sometimes the game ends before we're ready.

may God bless you and your family, Miles and rest assured that we all know you would have been runnin 11's soon....who knows, maybe you're runnin em now :shrug:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Man this is such a tragedy. This post should be saved under somewhere like memorials. Can one of you Moderators do this. RIP and God Bless.

Users who are viewing this thread