Damn windshield got cracked! @#!$%#!

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Long story short... flying rock @ 70 mph = big farckin' chip and spiderwebs in my windshield. I've got a windshield repair guy coming tomorrow to look at it, but I doubt it can be fixed. The whole thing is probably about the size of a 50-cent piece or bigger. There goes the money I was saving for the blower port and Xcal2.... :fm: Man, I just can't catch a friggin' break.

Anybody want to estimate on the cost of a new windshield? Depending on the shop I'm guessing somewhere between $200-$400? Never had a windshield replaced before so I don't know. Thanks for any help

-Matt

Edit: Forgot to mention... to top it all off my inspection is due this month. Great timing :cuss: :mj:

Last edited:

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
That sucks. Did the rock fall from a gravel truck or something?

A friend of mine had his Harley F-150 peppered by a cement truck. The cement truck company paid to repair his truck. The lucky bastard even got his stock hood replaced with a Cobra R hood as part of the deal.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Mine got hit last year. Never grew larger than the quarter sized spot it made so it's still in there. You should be able to get a new one for ~200 installed.

If a quarter won't cover the damage usually they won't repair it, sorry man.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
im in the same boat... mine spiderwebed in the heat... got quoted $235 installed... OUCH!

gonna shop around a bit more too!

try and get the new windshield installed, side window tint and a tinted visor on the windshield all at once...

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Well I already have my side and rear windows tinted. I guess $200 isn't that bad, but it's sucks when you are trying to save for go-fast parts.

Bob, so you can still pass inspection no problem in GA? I don't think I can get away with this one, especially here in the communistwealth. I don't think it's gonna matter anyway, cause I got a feeling the spiderwebs are gonna expand.

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
nastynivek said:
That sucks. Did the rock fall from a gravel truck or something?

A friend of mine had his Harley F-150 peppered by a cement truck. The cement truck company paid to repair his truck. The lucky bastard even got his stock hood replaced with a Cobra R hood as part of the deal.

I don't know where it came from... happened while changing lanes.

:idea: You just gave me an idea, though. Since it's cracked anyway, I think I'm gonna get behind the biggest gravel truck I can find and see if I can't get some rocks to drop on my hood and windshield LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread