DAMN the Sopranos are on fire!(spoiler if you havent seen it)

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
This year has been pretty good but TONITE, holy shit Adriana!!!:uh oh: Damn I watched both showings, east and west. After last year's poopoo episodes this has been pretty incredible telivision lately.

Last edited:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I was still shocked for about 10 minutes after I saw it. :eek:

But, the asshole always did abuse her, and she always loved him in return. That, I don't get. :(

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
They have done a PHENOMINAL job of de-glamorizing the lifestyle. There was a little glorification when the show first started, but this season has really put everything into better perspective then anything "hollywood" I have ever seen. You get a fantastic view of how the organized crime lifestyle never goes anywhere in the long term. You watch them and really have the sense of "if they had normal jobs, they'd have the same stuff, wtf do they do this for?", and the fragility that even the boss's worlds have..... The proverbial crime doesn't pay. They still do some silly stuff like the bear and dream sequences, but character development is second to none since the series started.

I have a very large Italian family, with some "questionably employed" relatives(and none long-term "successful" either:nonono: ). The character demonization is dead-bang on right now. They have been able to get over the almost "comical" representation of gangsters that great movies like Goodfellas could not(although they only had 2 hours total to work with). None of the violence has that "funny as shit" type of water cooler rehash most movies do. They manage to keep it to how much or little you hate characters rather then how much you like them. There is no question that you are watching a show about a bunch of bad guys.

Just the natural tendency to watch the show and wish Tony would finally put Christopher in a better position in the familly and at the same time make you hate him for being such a piece of shit is part of the show's magic. Not to mention that you can flip-flop on likeing or hating Adriana just as easilly. Great stuff.

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
I was still shocked for about 10 minutes after I saw it. :eek:

But, the asshole always did abuse her, and she always loved him in return. That, I don't get. :(

Believe me, I have seen it first hand, the relationship those two have is incredibly realistic. You can see the same basic elements with Tony and Carm too. Not the violence, but the structure. In real life, looking from the outside it's why? why? why? too. It just IS that way every time. Goodfellas nailed that type of relationship too better then any other movie.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I started laughing outloud when she got wacked...I thought that was gonna happen when I saw where they were driving.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Adriana simply had to die for the series to continue. What were the options? The boyfriend was gonna flip with her? Adriana was going away to prison with her mouth shut? No, she was dead for sure. But I was surprised that Tony told the big boss to go F himself and didn't give up Tony B. The next episode is going to be tense.....

Someone else is going to die!

Venom27

Established Member
i will miss the bra and panties but it had to happen. and the season finale will end when all the good shit starts to happen. to save it for next season.

jeffs04??

SHIFT_
Established Member
she knew exactly what was happening while sil was driving. thats why she started crying. that was 1 hell of a twist though, espically after last weeks "dream episode" but i cant wait to see who bites it in the season finale. plus on a side note im glad tony and carmela got back together

jasonc32amg

Established Member
I was clueless until he started pulling her out of the car, even then my first thought was "azzrape"...but unfortunately he just killed her, what a waste of raw materials... :(

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by jasonc32amg
I was clueless until he started pulling her out of the car, even then my first thought was "azzrape"...but unfortunately he just killed her, what a waste of raw materials... :(

I was thinking the same thing :(

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I still thought Christopher might flip too. After he gives up his wife to protect Tony, he still ruins his shit.

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
I cant remember the one guy's name with the white bufont hairdoo that hangs with Jonny all the time, but wasnt he in on it with Tony B when hid did that hit thats gotten him into so much trouble? :shrug: They need to beat him to death, just like in Goodfellas:cuss:

Thats Phil, Johnny's Captain. But no...he wasn't in on the hit that Tony B first did. Remember, the Carmine family was split between Lil Carmine, and Johnny Sac after Carmine died. The bald headed guy that Phil killed last episode was the one that had Tony B make the hit against ___(whatever that guys name was).

But I was shocked when they did Aid, I am going to miss her. And someone mentioned Christopher always beating the piss outta Adrianna. That is true and all, but Chris was always high on H and shit, and when he stopped doing drugs, notice how he was always cool and never laid a hand on Aid. UNTIL....she was suspected of sucking Tony's dick in his SUV.

But, if Tony S doesn't hand over Tony B to Johnny's family, (and thats how Phil wants it, to make Tony B feel nothing but slow pain) I think that they are going to go after Christopher.

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
The entire season was chock full of more listless filler material than a hot dog. It's a pity that it required waiting until the next to last episode to finally get some tense character interaction, creative writing, and most importantly crisp editing. It was only one episode prior that 30 minutes of the program was dedicated to an uninspiring Tony Soprano dream sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread