Damn my luck sux

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Well as some of you know, my stang has been down for an engine rebuild and my best friend has been letting me drive his 88 hatch. Well I have driving it about 2 weeks, and today on my home from work I was going to stop and get my hair cut, so I am getting off my exit my I shift from 5ht to 4th, and then to 3rd and I look up and all of sudden I hear a loud ass POP! WTF I grab the shifter and its in neutral, and grinding like its a damn blender. Shit, 3rd gear is gone. I can't believe this crap this has been a bad month. But I am guessing the cluster gear is trashed we will tear it apart Monday at work.:beer:

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Pulled the trans out today at my friends house, turns out it is a trashed cluster gear and third gear. Half the teeth on the the third gear were gone and there was several missing off the cluster. Guess that it didn't like having to take all those passes on slicks w/ a 150 shot.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by TwoToneFreak
Pulled the trans out today at my friends house, turns out it is a trashed cluster gear and third gear. Half the teeth on the the third gear were gone and there was several missing off the cluster. Guess that it didn't like having to take all those passes on slicks w/ a 150 shot.
Damn. How fast is the car?

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
With stock engine, Mac upper and lowers, and Eibach drag springs, Kenny Brown subs, Mac headers and off road H w/ mac muffs and 3.73s with the 150 shot it went 9.80s-9.70s in the 1000, and we just added a set of GT40P heads, last week, that brought this damn car to life, it will just haze the tires first and second now and that is with the spare rear w/ 2.73s! This thing was a factory freak when stock, and now it is pretty damn salty with these mild heads. This car just came to life with the heads, when cruising in 1st or 2nd around 3k and you stomp the loud pedal and jumps off the damn pavement, as long as you are in the gas, the nose stays up as high as it can. It is pretty awesome. I want to say its almost violent when you mash the gas. Suprised the hell out of a few people the last week we had it running.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
The 9.80s and high 9.70s were with an okay driver, I think there was more in it with a better driver. BTW that was with worn out 26x10 ETs.

Users who are viewing this thread