Damn Garage

SVTcobra2

Established Member
Well, im not one who does stupid stuff to mess my car up like run into stuff...well until today. Last night i parked a little further on the right than i usually do. I was backing up and noticed right at the last second that i hadnt moved back over enough, but i didnt stop in time. I was on the phone at the time which didnt help, but now i have a nice size dent. It only rubbed a little paint off the bumper, but not much. I was wondering if anyone knows how i can get it out(cheap preferably). I was quoted $600 at the body shop i went to(dont have time to get more estimates today), but dont have that much right now.

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

dustang

Established Member
Only one problem with PDR. It is a temorary fix. The factory paint is baked to about 700 degrees. Therefore hard as a rock. And denting the panel actually puts small cracks in paint. And that lets in moisture. The PDR work gets the dent out but leaves those tiny cracks in the paint and also their tools they use to get the dents out actually scratch off the corrosion protection behind the panel and you eventually start to get rust.

Users who are viewing this thread