Damn Cd Changer giving "CD Error"

PunishR

Established Member
damn thing is not working not ejecting or loading should I take it to the dealer? Any suggestions?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Just go to the dealer. Should be able to get it fixed under waranty with no problem.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
they will replace the stereo. I have had three replaced in two different cars. They will send you the CD's in about two weeks

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Originally posted by PunishR
damn thing is not working not ejecting or loading should I take it to the dealer? Any suggestions?

Still under warranty? If so take it in and get it replaced. Mine always did that with my CDR's.
Or was it the CDRW's?:shrug:

So I replaced it.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
When you hit eject and nothing happens, take another cd and put it in the slot about half way or untill it won't go any further, then pull it out, this will 99% of the time release the one that is jammed.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Ford - "Ummm, yeah I see your back tires are worn a little bit and you've got a cold air kit, and those have been known to affect the performance of our CD6 units, so we're afraid there's nothing we can do about it"....

jk03cobra

Established Member
I've also carefully removed jammed CD's with two butter knives. Used them to pinch the CD and pull it out.

Cobra-O

Established Member
I keep getting errors where it will say I have no CDs in the player, but it is loaded with 6. if I push eject, instead of asking which one, it says "initalizing". when I restart the car, it all goes back to normal.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The stock head units get pretty hot. Not good for electronics. I believe that's why they put the sticker on new Cobras over the CD slot saying not to use CDs with glued on labels. The glue gets hot and softens up.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Stick a credit card in the slot. Hit the eject and jiggle the card up and down gently. The CD will come out.

71stang99

Established Member
I have had that same issue, had the dealer look at it and they said they would replace it but it would be a few weeks, ended up just taking a knife as mentioned above and getting the cd out.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Just use another cd to unjam the stuck one and go into the dealer and complain. If you're still under warranty they'll just give you a new headunit. The one in my old GT was toasted after a year's use.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
If you can get the cd out, how bout buying a new head unit. And if you got the money for it, upgrade it to a dvd and navigation unit. Hehe, BA-LING BA-LING!!:D

imsuperman

Established Member
Yeah, mine only does it with burned CD's with no label. If I stick a label on it, it sucks it in ok.

Users who are viewing this thread