Damaged Steel Brake Line

MYVENM

Established Member
I am a dumbass and twisted off my rear steel brake line and i need some help. I have double flared brake lines before so i thought i could do the same with this. Well i have flared this line in 2 different places, and it won't stop leaking. I don't know what else to do with it so any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

03cobramanIII

Banned
I am a dumbass and twisted off my rear steel brake line and i need some help. I have double flared brake lines before so i thought i could do the same with this. Well i have flared this line in 2 different places, and it won't stop leaking. I don't know what else to do with it so any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks
is it the ong one that runs up front to the abs unit? or the one that tees off at the rear end?

MYVENM

Established Member
is it the ong one that runs up front to the abs unit? or the one that tees off at the rear end?

Im pretty sure it runs all the way up to the abs. I tried to reflare it again and i think i figured it out. It makes the first flare perfect, but when i do the double it pushes it down too much and splits the flare. I will try it again in the morning.:beer:

Taz

Established Member
Factory hard lines are very brittle. They'll usually split when you try to double flare them. Softer metal lines, suitable for double flaring, are available at your auto parts store.

Users who are viewing this thread