Dam cold weather!

04sonicL

Established Member
So coming home from work last night it's a nice 36 here in Myrtle Beach. I catch a red light and there is a Tundra in the lane next to me with rims and a loud exhaust. Light turns he guns it, I dont. We catch the next light and I wanted to put him in his place so dam bad but dident because of the cold temps. It just pissed me off because this is the second time someone has ever wanted a piece and I couldent floor it. There will probably be a post in a Tundra forum about how he smoked a Lightning twice from a light. Rant over.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I thought for sure this was going to be a blown motor thread. Good job not running him its def not worth a vented block

flsvt

pullin away
Established Member
deff not worth venting your block over a tundra i ran a sr20 240sx in like 35 degree weather just to put it to shame but that was stupid of me.

04sonicL

Established Member
yea i know it was the right thing to do, but dam it was hard!! I hope I run into him again on a warm day. A race is like impossible to find around here.

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
If it makes you feel any better, last summer a kid bought a new tunda with the iforge V8.

I was coming back from class in the L, and im behind him at a light... he starts doing a burnout.

So light turns, he floors it to the next light... i follow casually.

Next light we are side by side.... can you say Nitto 555r's on a nice warm day :-D

Bus lengths :beer:

-Sean

04MysticCobra

Established Member
So pissed with Northeast weather. Salt and stones all over the road does not make for good cruising. Looking forward to spring.

2004 Black SVT Lightning

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
You did the right thing. A tundra is definitely not worth it, haha.
I wouldnt say that. I work for toyota and I drive a tundra every day at work and they have some balls. If it was the previous gen tundra than yea not worth it but the current gen Tundras , they need a lil to be fast ( tune, intake exhaust ) you never know what that guy had. I understand he didnt want to race the tundra since its cold out( smart move) but If his truck is stock and the tundra was stock it would be a really close race.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
I wouldnt say that. I work for toyota and I drive a tundra every day at work and they have some balls. If it was the previous gen tundra than yea not worth it but the current gen Tundras , they need a lil to be fast ( tune, intake exhaust ) you never know what that guy had. I understand he didnt want to race the tundra since its cold out( smart move) but If his truck is stock and the tundra was stock it would be a really close race.

if im not mistaken i think the 08 tundras were mid to high 14's from factory... it might be closer than a stock hatchback civic but i dont think it would be really close.

... wise decision on ur part OP, no need in venting the block on somethin like that.

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
if im not mistaken i think the 08 tundras were mid to high 14's from factory... it might be closer than a stock hatchback civic but i dont think it would be really close.

... wise decision on ur part OP, no need in venting the block on somethin like that.

My friend ran a 14.1 all stock at the track. it was the reg cab 5.7 sr5 with 4wd.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I thought for sure this was going to be a blown motor thread. Good job not running him its def not worth a vented block

+1. You're bound to run into him again on a warmer day. Then you can put him in his place and ma a post here about it lol

Users who are viewing this thread