Dallas Window Tint . . . where is best?

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Hey Guys, I'm calling out all the local Dallas folk, I need to get some shades. Summer is coming soon and we all know what that means. I know that there are lots of threads about tinting, but where should I go?

Any connections? Also, are there any others that need tinting . . . maybe we can get a deal someplace.

P.S. I'm in Plano, but I'll go just about anywhere.

Last edited:

NOTSLO

Established Member
I'm also going to tint soon, but have the same question. A number of places around, but let me know if you get good suggestions. I'm also in Plano.

Have you been to any of the Dallas GTG's?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I got mine done at Tint Works in Mesquite. I don't know if I would recommend them as my back glass has creases. They told me they would fix it, and I will find out Sat., until then, I will hold off recommending them. However, they will put any shade tint you want - no questions asked... ;-)

coleman

Established Member
i had mine done at earmark, but i wouldn't recommend them :(
my tint doesn't look that good over the back-window braille :kaboom:

Last edited:

agof95

Established Member
I used ASC in Lewisville and they did a good job. They scuff up the rear window matrix so the tint sticks better. It doesn't stick 100%, but it's the best I've seen.

They're on 121 business about a mile east of 35. Right next to Kelly Moore paint.

lifter213

Established Member
I got mine done at Tint works in mesquite. I know Dan has had some problems with his back window but like he said they are going to redo it. I get really paranoid with people doing stuff to my cars so i liked the fact that they where really carefull with everything and i got to stand there the whole time and BS with them while they did the job. And like he said they will put any % you want no questions ask. The place i got my windows done in the GT ended up cutting some of the rubber in a few places and made some scratches on a window from cutting the film on the outside of the glass to hard :bash: The Tint works place in mesquite didnt screw anything up and said if the tint messes up ever just bring it back and they will redo it. I believe i paid $160 maybe less though, and that included the piece of black vinyl across the back window at the top.

PhilipR

Established Member
I would contact Ron Short 817-798-7667. He has window tint guy that charges in the low $100's to do tint. I would call and check with him since I forget his name.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Wow, great response so far! Besides NOTSLO, anyone else going to get their tint done soon?

Originally posted by NOTSLO
I'm also going to tint soon, but have the same question. A number of places around, but let me know if you get good suggestions. I'm also in Plano.

Have you been to any of the Dallas GTG's?

No I have not been to any GTG's, I've only had *Coby* for 2 weeks :coolman: Have you been to any?

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
I had my previous Cobra (2000) done at Dalworth Electronics, it also did not look good over the rear matrix, I was not extremely pleased. But they were nice people. They recomended that get some black vinyl, but I never ended up doing that . . . I surely want this cobra to look better!

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
I got mine done at Tint works in mesquite. . . . I believe i paid $160 maybe less though, and that included the piece of black vinyl across the back window at the top.

Did they provide the vinyl there? You're talking about the strip over the matrix aren't you?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Jerky
Did they provide the vinyl there? You're talking about the strip over the matrix aren't you?

Yes they do, I am going back tomorrow to get my bubbles and creases fixed, and also have the vinyl installed.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Jerky
DD2000GT:

What % did you decide to go with? What is legal here?

I stayed Legal - I didn't want to give the Police any additional excuse to pull me over! Legal is 35% on the front drivers and passenger side windows. I got limo tint (5%) for the back quarter windows and back glass. Looks great, but shows bubbles real bad :( Hopefully they will get it all fixed tomorrow...

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
True, very very true. Alright, just let me know if they fix it all up nice for you tomorrow.

That just sucks though . . . to have to go twice for something that they should have done once . . . don't you think?

lifter213

Established Member
Yes i have the black vinyl across the bubbles and I have 5% on all windows. Its illegal to go any darker than 35% on the front two side windows but its legal to go as dark as you want on anything behind those. :thumbsup:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
i had mine done at earmark, but i wouldn't recommend them :(
my tint doesn't look that good over the back-window braille :kaboom:

Coleman
Did you pay attention and see two new 03 Cobra usernames in the DFW area, King03Cobra and Jerky and the total of 23 know 03 Cobra owners that can make the DFW GTG much larger and more fun. Wild if we could get at least 20 03's in a major group photo op. We could get SVTOA to publish the pictures in their magazine and get some free press.

We could almost start our own SVTOA chapter group. DOesn't seem like the Bankston group ever turns out to get an interest. Does anyone attend the SVTOA chapter meetings at Middelkauf?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread