Dallas Racing Runway Rivalry

mstg46

Established Member

starnsey

Established Member
14226678995_d1346cea01_b.jpg

Can you explain this shot? Just curious how you get so much detail of the car when shooting straight into the sunlight? Is it just tons of post-processing?

Pics look awesome.

mstg46

Established Member
Any videos?

I don't have any videos, sorry.

Can you explain this shot? Just curious how you get so much detail of the car when shooting straight into the sunlight? Is it just tons of post-processing?

Pics look awesome.

Thanks!

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll give it a shot. First, the clouds blocking the sun help tremendously. I also use a Gradient ND filter which allows me to expose my subject while not completely blowing out the background. There is post-processing, but not as much as you would think. I shoot everything in RAW so when I open it in Photoshop, I have to adjust things like Exposure, Clarity, Contrast, WB, etc. before I can actually edit the photos. I just move the sliders around until I get it where I want it. When it opens into PS, I sharpen it a bit, and make any adjustments it might need. I know this one didn't need any. If I wanted to blow out the sky less and still expose the car the way it is, I could have opened 2 versions of the photo, one exposed for the background and one exposed for the car, and then used a layer mask to put them together. I didn't need to do that for this one though.

Users who are viewing this thread