Dallas Mustang Dyno & Tune

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
I was on vacation the last two weeks to Dallas and then on to the 40th in Nashville. Never seen so many Mustangs in my life! Will do another post on the show, but wanted to mention the great people at Dallas Mustang.

I just stopped in to say Hi, and Robert met me at the door with a big Texas "Howdy". After showing me around the place he said the dyno was not being used at the moment and I should get a dyno since I had never done one before. Always wanted to know the HP and TQ but didn't want to be obvious and take it to Anderson Ford where I bought the car. I know the warranty is shot but don't want to flaunt it at their shop.

Well, anyway, Mike Wilson worked with me for many hours to get the numbers in my signature. He added the Diablo chip and started with his tuning skills. He adds his own program to the stock chip to get the most from the engine yet staying on the save side. On the first pull, I was well above 450 rwhp but was running lean. Mike worked that problem out with several more pulls.

I said let's keep going till I get over 500. Mike and many of the staff stayed after their work hours. We added the MAF, idler and a Steeda CAI and broke the 500 mark. It was their first, basically stock, 03 Cobra to do that in their shop.

I enjoyed my visit with them and really appreciated the personal attention they gave me all afternoon.

My hat is off to Robert, Mike and all the others that stuck around after hours to play with my car!

Great place to visit if you're ever in the big "D".

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread