Dallas guys, please save Uber Dallas!

george.arnold

Established Member
If you haven't heard, Uber is the best new way to get around Dallas. Use the Uber app on your phone to hail a Towncar or a Suburban instead of a taxi. There is much less wait time and the drivers and their cars are nice. I've been using it for about 6 months whenever I get up there and it is awesome. I've never waited for more than 5 minutes for a car.

Check out the app or the website. Uber.com

Since our launch almost a year ago now, Uber has made great strides in creating a convenient, efficient, safe, and classy transportation alternative in Dallas. Our technology platform has improved transportation options for thousands of Dallasites, and has helped grow the small businesses of hundreds of our driver partners.

Unfortunately, the City of Dallas will soon decide on rule changes, proposed suspiciously late Friday night that, if enacted, would shut Uber down. The bill’s proponents - City Manager Joey Zapata and the taxi industry - have been trying to circumvent the City Council’s regular process and add last-minute language to the Council’s agenda, to avoid Council scrutiny and citizen feedback. Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings has rightly pledged to “get to the bottom of this for Dallas citizens”..

This eleventh-hour move to outlaw competition in order to appease the Dallas taxi industry and create a government-sponsored monopoly for Dallas taxis is appalling. Dallas deserves better than this – it deserves transportation options, not protectionist politics-as-usual.

Certain city officials are trying to slip this one in under the radar – we need your help telling them what Dallas thinks of that! Sign the petition and tell the City Council #DallasNeedsUber on Twitter!

Together we can protect Dallas transportation options that help make this city more livable, more vibrant and more efficient. For more detail, check out our blog post here.

Uber on,

Leandre Johns
Uber Dallas, General Manager

Sign the Petition #DallasNeedsUber

Last edited:

george.arnold

Established Member
Haha. Just got banned for eternity on DFW50s for posting this up. Oh well. I genuinely enjoy this service and just wanted to make sure it doesn't go away.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Lol Nic...

images

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Anyone who has their first post as a petition for members of a forum to sign is going to get banned, pretty much anywhere.

Typically, you have to be an established contributing member before posting anything asking for help.

Users who are viewing this thread