Dallas area dyno shops

agof95

Established Member
My buddy (torch red '03) and I are planning on making a trek to Big D to have our cars dynoed sometime in the next few weeks and need opinions from the Dallas guys.

I went by Speedworks in Lewisville last Saturday to check it out. It seemed alright, but I was wondering which y'all preferred between it and the one in Royse City. Speedworks charges $65 for three pulls with a/f.

Are y'all planning any Saturday GTG's over the next few weeks?

Last edited:

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
There is:

- Dallas Mustang

- Speedworks

- Lonestar Performance

- SpeedTek

- FasTech

- Modern Musclecar Technologies

Those are all I can think of right now. If you need the addresses for the places, I can get them for ya.

coleman

Established Member
Originally posted by agof95

sure, what's a good Saturday for you?
more people can make it out on weekends than weekdays obviously. this Saturday? next?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
FastTek isn't around any longer - they got bought out by SpeedTek. The same guys now own Modern Musclecar Technologies. SpeedTek and MMT have dyno days on the last Saturday of each month. $35 for three pulls w/ wideband at SpeedTek in Garland, $45 at MMT. If you go to SpeedTek be prepared for a longer wait as it has a better location and draws quite a crowd.

agof95

Established Member
Re: Re: Dallas area dyno shops

Originally posted by coleman
sure, what's a good Saturday for you?
more people can make it out on weekends than weekdays obviously. this Saturday? next?

I can't make it this Saturday, but probably could the next (3/1).

Originally posted by DD2000GT
FastTek isn't around any longer - they got bought out by SpeedTek. The same guys now own Modern Musclecar Technologies. SpeedTek and MMT have dyno days on the last Saturday of each month. $35 for three pulls w/ wideband at SpeedTek in Garland, $45 at MMT. If you go to SpeedTek be prepared for a longer wait as it has a better location and draws quite a crowd.

Do you prefer one shop over the others? Speedworks is more expensive than the ones you mentioned, but it's worth it not having to wait all day. Which shop is in Royse City?

RigorMortis

Established Member
I'm planning to dyno my 2 cars on March 1st.

Another friend with a '03 GT wants to dyno too.. we were thinking speedworks in Lewisville.

If everyone's going to another shop let me know.

[email protected]

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Dallas area dyno shops

Which shop is in Royse City?

Muscle Mustang Technologies is in Royce City and I prefer to use them. Also, the crowd is less since they are farther out.

RigorMortis

Established Member
Arg,

Not really wanting to drive both cars all the way to Royce City. Live in Frisco.

Was kinda hoping people would be going to something in North Dallas / Plano area.

My friend lives in Ennis... so that might be an option for him. I emailed him the link to this thread earlier.

agof95

Established Member
Originally posted by RigorMortis
Arg,

Not really wanting to drive both cars all the way to Royce City. Live in Frisco.

Was kinda hoping people would be going to something in North Dallas / Plano area.

My friend lives in Ennis... so that might be an option for him. I emailed him the link to this thread earlier.

That's cool. Speedworks is a lot closer for you. I lived in Plano/Frisco for 5 years. I bought my car there at Bankston.

MMT will be around 180 miles round trip for us, but that's cool. I wonder how fast the cruise control will set :burnout:

RigorMortis

Established Member
Holy Cow...
Bought my '03 Snake from Bankston. Found out it had damage in the right-rear fender well above the tire. Bankston wouldn't do a d@mn thing to help. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Had to get the Ford Rep involved and get it settled. :gt:

Speedtek or speedworks no good for you ??

Anyone know which would be a better shop between speedtek and speedworks to dyno ? :shrug:

Last edited:

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I've done two dyno days now at SpeedTek in Dallas (3030 N. Buckner Blvd. Dallas, TX 75228). Great shop, mostly LS1 oriented but very cool and great to work with . I have no affiliation with them other than they gave us a good deal on dyno time when Chris Johnson was doing the tuning.

agof95

Established Member
Originally posted by RigorMortis
Holy Cow...
Bought my '03 Snake from Bankston. Found out it had damage in the right-rear fender well above the tire. Bankston wouldn't do a d@mn thing to help. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Had to get the Ford Rep involved and get it settled. :gt:

Speedtek or speedworks no good for you ??

Anyone know which would be a better shop between speedtek and speedworks to dyno ? :shrug:

Who was your salesman? I dealt with Bill and am completely satisfied. My car is first run and was actually delivered to Texan Ford in Arlington. They swapped for whatever reason.

I went by speedworks last Saturday and they said the 350Z club had it reserved for either this coming Saturday or 3/1. I can't remember which it was.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
My buddy (torch red '03) and I are planning on making a trek to Big D to have our cars dynoed sometime in the next few weeks and need opinions from the Dallas guys.

I went by Speedworks in Lewisville last Saturday to check it out. It seemed alright, but I was wondering which y'all preferred between it and the one in Royse City. Speedworks charges $65 for three pulls with a/f.

Speedworks had posted a sign that this Saturday, Feb 22 is a 350Z Dyno day only. I was at Speedworks first thing Sat morning the 16th and had them do 3 pulls on my 03 and it was only $60. I am at 426hp and running rich still. I am waiting for some more updates before I schedule them to program a chip. Dyno and chip they said would be $450 and $100 more if the chip would be switchable. I had my first Dyno run at Dallas Mustang and many had recommended Speedworks. There are about 7 or more Dallas 03 Cobra riders, check the Dallas CTG posting for their names and get feedback from them. A few have been to another shop in East Dallas I think. If your in the Richardson area during the day, get in touch with me. If we can get at least 15 or more cars, we can get our own Cobra dyno day at Speedworks and it would cost $40 for us

Last edited:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
That's cool. Speedworks is a lot closer for you. I lived in Plano/Frisco for 5 years. I bought my car there at Bankston.

MMT will be around 180 miles round trip for us, but that's cool. I wonder how fast the cruise control will set :burnout:

90 miles one way from Frisco???

I don't recall it being that far from Plano, maybe 25 at the most and I am pretty sure that Frisco is not 65 miles from Plano :-D

mapquest.com says 49.14 miles <click me>

I'll bet speedtek is just as far.

Also,

It is Modern Muscle car Technologies :thumbsup:

-Brian

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member

Originally posted by olchakla
Speedworks had posted a sign that this Saturday, Feb 22 is a 350Z Dyno day only.
Ooooooh, I want to know how that turns out :-D

RigorMortis

Established Member

Originally posted by olchakla
If your in the Richardson area during the day, get in touch with me. If we can get at least 15 or more cars, we can get our own Cobra dyno day at Speedworks and it would cost $40 for us [/B]

I'm in the North Dallas area during the day... Frankford & Preston area.

I emailed Speedworks asking them about March 1. Will see what they say.

Want to run the CETA and the 03 Cobra now that I have full Bassani X + CB & K&N with silencer removed.

Hope to see 390 at the rear. Doubt I would break 400 unless I swap the pulley or more mods, but holding off on any of that right now.

coleman

Established Member
whenevery you all decide on where the dynos will be done & when, we'll try to schedule a lunch GTG around the same area ... maybe even some of us may be interested in dynos.

so, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread