Dairy Queen loves my L.:)

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
I stopped by the local Dairy Queen on the way home from work today, and orderd ,then pulled up to the window and the girl that handed me my drink said "man thats a really nice truck" so i said thanks, so then she goes away from the window and is pointing out the window at my truck to another girl, so the other girl comes to the window and sticks her head out the window and checks out my whole truck rims and all and shakes her head and said nice... so then the manager comes to the window a min. or so later and tells me "man you and your truck got these girls going , they love your truck" then he points at the first girl and said she wants to go for a ride, will you take her for a ride?" but she was behind him saying she didn't say that, so I was just laughing , but he kept saying "yeah man she wants a ride in your truck" so then he is asking me all about my truck and what it has and all . So then the girl says she cant go for a ride or she would get fired .... I dont know if i would have gave her a ride anyway :shrug: So when i'm leaving they said take care of that bad truck...

Just thought it was pretty funny.... :coolman:

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
I Love That, It Happens To Me All The Time. Most People Dont Even Know What A Lightning Is.then Some Say Pop The Hood,they Just Sit Their And Say What The Hell Is That, Its Called A Blower,so I Give Them A Little Sample Of The Tourque It Has.love These Trucks.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
ha yea its hard to go to a gas station without some akin me aobut it, i dont think i will ever get sick of tellin people about my L

POP TOP

Banned
Those Dairy Queen folks like Lightnings, had a similar experience. The L's get more attention than any vehicle I've ever been in.

scootro

Established Member
thats really cool, one time i got followed by 2 mustangs to the gas station checking out my 93 cobra... i thought that was cool...

Cammin4V

Established Member
that happened to me at wendys. First he asked me about my stereo, because he heard me while i was waiting in line. Then he asked me why i had carpet in my bed. Finally he realized it was "one of them supercharged ones", and asked how fast it went.

Always puts a smile on my face.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
My friend gets pissed off when we go out. He has a RAM SRT-10 and when we stop at Dairy Queen everyone (including the cute female staff :thumbsup: ) always comes and oogles over my L.

Only Mopar guys ask him about his. :nonono:

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I had that happen at the gas station one night on the way home. I drank a 64 oz soda on the way home (1+ hour drive) so needless to say my eyes were nearly floating. I was flattered that the guy with the 2005 HD 2500 deseil quad cab long bed wanted to know so much about the truck but damn I had to take a leak like no ones biz. We ended up talking the whole time it was filling up (tank on E and Conoco's wonderful gallon every 30 seconds pumps so about 7 to 10 minutes) I got home in less than 30 seconds from that station.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Yup its fun to get complements. My wife always does when she drives the L. The guys at the local burger joint always ask her about it. I guess Im too ugly or scary lookin casue people never really ask about it when Im driven it. They sure stare alot though.

Well I guess the starbucks chicks like me but thats another story...

bubbaSVT

Established Member
Yeah that happens to me A LOT! I live in a small redneck town where the term "2 wheel drive" just doesnt exist.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
Everywhere I stop somebody asks about the L. Most like the hood and color, some acutally have a clue what the truck is. If they know what a L is, then they wanna talk bout how fast and what all is done. Always puts a smile on my face when people wanna know bout the truck.

Mr Nutt

Established Member
I'm with Gripstang on this, I scare the hell outa Charles Manson. Wifey says the L is guy magnet all the little boys look and want to talk. Go Figure

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Was that young lady at the Dairy Queen hot? I would've taken her for a very Nasty ride. LOL.

Unfortunately, not very "hot" plus she looked to only be 16 or so... But still love the compliments....:)

And thanks Ron, your L. is allright....... ;-)

J/K Ron, your L. is one of my favorite one's in the L. community... :thumbsup:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I get that a lot as well when I go to drive threw's as well. Mostly at Wendys and Mcdonalds. I work in a small town of less than 2000 people, and they only see mine when I come to work during the week. There is a guy who works down the Road and he has a fake L. He did the rims,Front Bumper and a billit grill and did a side exit exhaust and it just hurts me to see those svt rims on a F150 Sport :xpl:

Phillystang2000

Member of the O&A Army
Established Member
I would've told the girl "Hey, I'll give you a ride in my Lightning, maybe even take you around the block afterwards too!!" lol, j/k!! It's amazing the stares these trucks get. Gotta love it!!!

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread