Daily Drivr Mods

bighunt

Established Member
Daily Driver Mods

I DD my '99 Cobra and was wondering what kind of mods the others guys who DD have/recommend?

As far as performance mods I currently have a midpipe (studs were A SOB to get out), catback, JLT intake, short throw shifter.

Aesthetic/"useful" mods include LED license plate lights, LED dome light (love it)

Anything in particular that would help MPG?

I searched and couldn't really find anything like this

Last edited:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Bang for the buck fun factor is always gears, you can now unleash the great debate on what gears are best suited for you..lol.

What speeds do you typically drive, hwy/interstate/city?

bighunt

Established Member
Bang for the buck fun factor is always gears, you can now unleash the great debate on what gears are best suited for you..lol.

What speeds do you typically drive, hwy/interstate/city?

Hwy speed limit here is 70, so I normally drive withing a mph or two of that... I don't like giving state troopers excuses :-D Normally get around 20-21 with 80% highway driving

Took a trip a few weeks ago straight interstate (75-80 round trip) and pulled 22.xxmpg...
Which I've been reading up, and it's counterintuitive but, it seems like our powerband being higher means we get better mpg higher up. Truth/experience?

I've been looking into 3.73's, and also need to get either a tuner/programmer or tune

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
You got a good start there with intake and exhaust. Electric fan, water pump, Aluminum driveshaft, flywheel and lighter wheels would be helpful too. Just depends how far you want to go to try and save gas mileage.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Underdrive pulleys are a good mod to free up some wasted power and also gain some gas mileage.

A fresh dyno tune will also help. You can tell the tuner to lean out the fuel map a little bit during cruising conditions when RPM's are under 2500 and the throttle position is less than, say, 15%. Regardless, you'll pick up a few HP with a fresh tune and it'll run more efficiently with the mods you already have.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You got a good start there with intake and exhaust. Electric fan, water pump, Aluminum driveshaft, flywheel and lighter wheels would be helpful too. Just depends how far you want to go to try and save gas mileage.

These cars come with an electric fan from the factory.

I still have factory gears in my gear. But I remember when I went to 3.73's in my 98 GT my MPG went up 2 or 3MPG. I was doing mostly freeway driving at the time and I usually cruise around 75mph.

shurur

Established Member
K&N filter
March UD pulley set w/dampner
LT or MidLength headers and Hpipe (catted or not)
3.73..3.90 ..4.10 gears
catback or higher flow mufflers.
Degree stock Cams
SCT Bama tune

maybe 300ish (+/-) RWHP..
MPG should be good with 3.73..not sure about the other gears.

comp cams later...with SCT BAMA Tune
340-370 RWHP
not sure about MPG..but who cares at this point??

See some of the postings and talks with NASVT on this and other forums..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread