daily driver?

:decepTion:

Established Member
so far all of you who live in the mid-west and may daily drive your cobra what do you do to prepare for those winters? rims, tires, some extra weight in the trunk etc?:read:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I had my '91 5.0 in Missouri. All season tires + knowing how to drive = never getting stuck. I used to love going out after freezing rain when everyone else stayed inside and "drifting" around corners. Ironically, I've been kicked out of the mall parking lot by a rent-a-cop but when I was on real roads and sliding around the cops left me alone. Maybe then expected a RWD car to slide a little?

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I had my '91 5.0 in Missouri. All season tires + knowing how to drive = never getting stuck. I used to love going out after freezing rain when everyone else stayed inside and "drifting" around corners. Ironically, I've been kicked out of the mall parking lot by a rent-a-cop but when I was on real roads and sliding around the cops left me alone. Maybe then expected a RWD car to slide a little?

lol rent-a-cops ftl.

and op, tires tires tires!!! makes a world of difference. and of course the driver mod... :banana:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I drove 1 winter on Drag Radials in my 99. 4.56 gears and all.

Being patient and about 200 pounds of salt in the trunk cured all. It sucks but sometimes it can be fun when you're drifting everywhere.

:decepTion:

Established Member

hahaha

watman02

Established Member
snow tires man you can get studded ones and its like driving on dry pavement(well almost)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just go as fast as you can, do not rev match when down shifting, and slam on the brakes when you need to stop. :)

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I just use 240lbs of sand and decent tires. Hopefully I wont have to drive it anymore in the winters to come.

NotOrange...

Established Member
when I had mine out and about for one winter (I bought the Cobra for myself for xmas)... I had blizzaks and nothing in the trunk. It handled way better then my old 96 GT. Our winters are horrible so I bought a DD (nissan sentra Spec V) not alot better but is FWD with no ABS :( It's even hard to get traction in that. but studded winters work wonders.

Short story: Winter tires are a must!!! Studded are better, weight in the trunk helps too but isn't nessesary as these cars make most power uptop, so low in the rpms is where to be, not stupid low but you get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread