Daily Driver Goals = High 11's N/A, Mid 10's @ 127-130 on 93 pump gas with nitrous.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Hello everyone.
Over the past few months I have been actively researching this site and working on my plan.
You see, I am a firm believer in this phrase when it comes to hot rodding. "Plan your work, work your plan."
I wanted to run this by those of you who are currently at this level and get your feedback.

Here is what we are working with.
"SHADOW" is a 2011 SGM A6, currently at 33500 miles +/- a few. Full weight with driver is in the 3990 # range as I'm a big boy. The car has so far been a best of 12.46 @ 113 on straight 93 pump with these mods: JLT plastic CAI, JLT Pass side oil catch can, Bama 93 hybrid tune, Trufiber 3" fiberglass cowl hood, GT500 rear spoiler, stock 3.15 gears, stock converter, stock suspension, AMR 18x8 Charcoal wheels with 235/50R-18 M/T Street Comp tires all around.
8a47fec0-71d0-42af-9a81-b60a6fad9da4.jpg

Long term goals:
N/A = mid to high 11's @ 116 - 118 on 93 pump gas with drag radials.
Nitrous = mid 10's @ 127 - 130 with same 93 pump gas, revised tune and drag radials.

Here is the parts list I have compiled.

• Kooks Super Street shorty headers
  • Lethal 3" O/R X pipe T304SS
  • Lethal 2 3/4" Gen2 Over the axle pipes T304SS
  • GT500 axle back mufflers
  • BBK 85mm t-body
  • JLT drivers side oil catch can
  • Circle D 3C converter
  • JPC Racing line lock kit
  • DSS Aluminum one piece driveshaft
  • BMR radiator support
  • BMR Driveshaft safety loop
  • BMR LCAs
  • BMR Adjustable UCA with mount
  • BMR Adjustable panhard bar with support brace
  • Remove front swaybar (I'm not concerned about cornering, I got my fill with my old EVO 8 MR. I'm going back to my drag racing roots now.)
  • SR Performance lowering springs (mainly to lower the rear end)
  • AMR 18x10 Charcoal rear wheels
  • M&H Racemaster 275/45R-18 drag radials or Nitto NT05R 285/40R-18 drag radials. (I honestly haven't made up my mind yet between the two, but I am leaning more towards the M&H's for the sidewall height.)
  • BBR NX Stage 3 kit with their tune, jetted for 150 shot.
  • Nitrous pressure gauge in a custom mount
  • Center console switch panel.

I know the Boss intake adds flow and hp up top, but being a daily driver I really don't want to give up the bottom end as well as not wanting to change the oil pump gears just yet. I'd honestly like to keep the RPMs below 7000 and figured with the 3C converter, the flash from the hit should activate the nitrous just about perfect for decent 60fts.

On motor, I'm betting this combo would net somewhere in the 400-430 rwhp range. At this weight, I'm hoping for high 11's @ 116-118 range with 1.7 - 1.6 short times.

On nitrous, I'm figuring 60fts in the mid to low 1.5 range would be necessary and the 150 shot with the BBR tune should get the job done nicely. Maybe have the nitrous activate at around 3500 and turn off at 7200 to protect the motor from any transmission flairs that might occur.

I am also planning on keeping the full interior, so the only weight reduction items would be no front sway bar, light weight radiator core support, remove engine cover at the track, no spare tire or jack in trunk, no floor mats, as well as empty the glove box and center console for track visits. I also realize the gains to be had with skinnies and 10's, but if I ever go that route, I would definitely go with Weld 15" RT-S front and rear, 2010 front brake conversion for the 15" skinnies with 28" Moroso DS-2 tires and out back would be 15x10 rear wheels with 28x10.5 M/T ET Drag slicks and rear sway bar relocation brackets. Front and rear brake upgrades would also come into play at some point, but that would be the very last thing to do. I know, I know, it should be up front. :nono:

I have 20+ years of drag racing experience racing turbo cars. (Turbo Buicks, Mitsubishi EVO MR, my GTO and other GM turbo cars. Heck I even dabbled with nitrous on my FWD 2000 Regal GS back in the day) This will be my first serious attempt with nitrous. I had intentions of running nitrous on my last car (2005 GTO A4) but those plans never came to light, so I sold all my nitrous stuff for it a few years ago. I am hoping the research I have done looks solid to those of you who are doing it and would really like to keep the reliability. I might make it to the track 6-8 times a year and play on the street occasionally when provoked. :poke:
All of the praise I have read over the years, with not only this motor, but this awesome transmission have led me to this point. Even though I am a turbo guy at heart, I have learned my lessons with them. Heck I even sold them on a daily basis when I was a Territory Sales Rep with Precision Turbo for 8 years. Yes, turbos are awesome and they are definitely the way to go if you want to run low 9's or faster. But with this car, I have set my goals on a more realistic level, with Stealth under the hood being another main goal.

Anywho, your suggestions, changes, and or tips would be greatly appreciated.
I really have found this site to be one of the best on the net for information sharing and research and I greatly appreciate that.
Thanks for reading and sorry it's so long winded.

Patrick

itSSlow98

Established Member
Dont waste your money on the shorty headers because you basically have shorties already.

Intake, dynotune, offroad midpipe, converter, drag radial will get you in the mid-high 11s easily.

Add 100 shot and the suspension parts and you have the 10 second car your after.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Go for the cobra jet intake setup, little to no Tq loss, and 15-20hp over the boss manifold. I don't think u'd need the oil pump gears just taking it up to 72/7300 rpm. And like the others said, longtubes! Unless u live in Cali or one of those emission inspection states. Oh and having a e85 tune on deck couldn't hurt for an extra 10whp across the powerband

Turbosixx

Established Member
Patrick, Glad to see there are more and more Turbo Buick guys switching to the Coyote platform. And for good reason too. With your methodical approach, you'll easily reach your goals.

9secWS6

Established Member
Running those exact times with mods in sig.
On 19" drag radials(MT).
I agree on the shorty headers, don't waste your money.
BBR is the way to go for nitrous tunes for sure.

Deranged2013

Established Member
With your parts list and plan, you can easily achieve your goals. Just follow through with what you have.

Only thing I'd change is I'd go Longtubes, but that's just me.

Anyway, when are you going to start building Shadow?

Last edited:

bizaarmatt

Established Member
with my old nitrous setup( Intake, Tune, X-pipe, Mufflers, Nozzle kit 100 shot) I went 11.21@124 with a 6m car. I don't think it would take much more on an auto, cause I did not have the driver mod that day!!!
"Jack" and Totten - YouTube
And I also drove it 700 miles to the beach that year for vacation!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread