Daetschwerks 300 fuel pump, anybody tried this yet?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
So I've been having some fuel delivery problems and the shop that's been working on my car swapped in this Daetsch Werks DW300-1 fuel pump in favor of the FGT pump that I had flubbed the install on in my garage apparently.

I'd never heard of the pump so I Googled and found a couple of threads by the Evo and 'Vette guys:

Anyone tried the Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump? - Corvette Forum

New DW300 Fuel Pump - 300LPH In-Tank! - evolutionm.net

New Deatschwerks DW300 High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump Testing & Review By MAPerformance - evolutionm.net

Apparently it debuted at SEMA last year so it's pretty new but alegedly it will flow 300 lph, it's 100% E85 compatible and it comes w/ a 3 year warranty. I haven't really put the beans to the one in my car yet b/c it appears I've got an in-tank fuel leak that has the pump duty-cycle running at 77% at idle. I'm hoping once I get that straightened out though this single pump will support running a 150 shot on E85!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
friend has one in his evo that replaced the 255 and bap, and has no issues on e85.

Thanx for the quick reply! :thumbsup:

Can you give some details on his set up? I'm curious about the duty-cycle and fuel rail pressure in particular? How much boost and what whp is he seeing?

01bluesnake

Established Member
I know he is running a FP turbo, but cant remember which one. he is at 32-34psi and is guessing about the 500whp range. They run a return system on those cars, so fuel pump duty cycle is not monitored, he says they go off of injector duty cycle, but not sure what it is or fuel pressure.

DeatschWerks

Established Member
If he's seeing 32-34 psi boost pressure, he's probably running a 40-43.5 psi base fuel pressure. So I'd guess the total system pressure is in the 72-80 psi range. On E85, that should be able to support 550-600awhp.

You RWD guys get the benefit of less drivetrain loss and depending on your aspirations, lower fuel system pressures and better BSFCs...so the pump should be able to support a little more. :thumbsup:

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread