Dad's buying a C5 for mommy..

99RedSVT

Established Member
Dad called me today to tell me he decided to get mommy a C5 for there anniversary. He went and looked at a 01 i think he said black on black on black. Had low miles well taken care of and also been in the garage for the past few months. Has borla exhaust and some other goodies. Some older guy has it and wants to get rid of it. Oh i forgot to mention its a M6 as well. What do those run in the 1/4?? Will he be able to beat the truck??

Z06speed

Established Member
M6 means that it is a 6 speed manual.....if its a c5 it should do high 12's low 13's....An 01 z06 should do mid 12's......
take my word for it they are nice cars....and with the borla sweet sounding aswell.......

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by Mikes88Stang
They have some SERIOUS deals on the new C5s Check your loacl dealer... Z06 too!

For real!! My dad went up to the Chevy place(he has an 01 vette vert.) and they were trying to get him to get a new one. They were offering him 0% Interest AND $3000 cash back!

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
check out www.corvetteconti.com He has 7 or 8 left over 03 Z06 vette's. Drove one a few weeks ago. Not bad, but a properly modded L (pulley intake chip DR's etc) wouldn't need to be scared of one. Of course they are going to handle much much much better and from a roll you'd have your hands full....

99RedSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Derek@AmazonRacing
yea racing mom wouldnt be good if you beat her you get the talk about streetracing and if she wins... yea you get the picture
Oh i wont lose to her. maybe my dad driving but not her thats for sure. I hear the 01 verts run like mid to low 13's. The only reason they arent getting a ZO6 is because my mom wants it in convertible. Not much difference in wieght though check it out.

Base curb weight (lbs / kg):
3246 / 1458 Coupe
3248 / 1456 Convertible
3118 / 1414 Z06

99RedSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Derek@AmazonRacing
yea racing mom wouldnt be good if you beat her you get the talk about streetracing and if she wins... yea you get the picture
Oh i wont lose to her. maybe my dad driving but not her thats for sure. I hear the 01 verts run like mid to low 13's. The only reason they arent getting a ZO6 is because my mom wants it in convertible. Not much difference in wieght though check it out.

Base curb weight (lbs / kg):
3246 / 1458 Coupe
3248 / 1456 Convertible
3118 / 1414 Z06

bonch

Established Member
I wouldn't worry to much about wining. That isn't even a question. 6-gears to shift is alot of time wasted fumbling with the clutch as you sail right past. All the vette's I've driven have basically the speed (auto or 6-speed) depend's on how fast you can shift the 6-speed. Personally I would go with the auto. Another problem weve run into with the 6-speed is. The owner usually drive's the car like he stole it and complain's about using oil. So it's just personal prefrence for your mom.

aleon

Established Member
I've raced my best friend's Z06 and he SMOKES me. I've got a 4# lower, CAI, 2 Hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Catback, Boost bypass, TR6's, and a Diablo Chip. This guy is taking me with nothing more then a Borla Stinger exhaust. :bash: A Z06, PROPERLY driven, is a force to be reckoned with.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Pal, don't even risk a race with mom. You have nothing to gain and EVERYTHING to lose.

If you win, so what. But if you lose, forever till the day you die you will be known as the grown up guy that momma spanked. People will remember you for that no matter what else you do or accomplish in life. And you can bet momma will never let you have a rematch. And even if she did and you won, everyone would say it's because momma was being nice to her little boy and letting him win.

Users who are viewing this thread