DA heads

jmsa540

Established Member
Team, for those of you who have DA heads have you ran into any plugs coming out?

I've read a few threads and it seems that they're just fine.

Also, out of curiosity would anyone know how many threads the 96-98 cobra blocks have?

Thank you.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had a plug blow out of a DA head. But that was because of installer error. I was trying to hurry and I know it didn't seat right, but I needed to get to work. The other 7 did just fine at 19psi.

Are you asking about the 96-98 heads?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
on 4 thread heads torque em properly (ie no antiseize etc..) and change em on a regular basis and I doubt you ever had an issue. I changed em once a year in the lightning and my mach and never had a problem.

if the heads are off the car anyway not too bad to go ahead and do a lock n stitch, current heads have 9 thread aluminum lock n stitch inserts. Just stay away from a heli coil which has no mechanical means to prevent it from backing out of the head

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
I was having the same question like the OP with the 03/04 Cobra heads. So to be clear the 4 threads there is really no issue and the 4 to 9 conversion (while the heads are off) is good to get long as its a "lock n stitch".

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I was having the same question like the OP with the 03/04 Cobra heads. So to be clear the 4 threads there is really no issue and the 4 to 9 conversion (while the heads are off) is good to get long as its a "lock n stitch".

people also use time certs, these and lock and stitch have mechanical means to prevent the insert from coming out. Just make sure you get aluminum inserts for aluminum heads

Users who are viewing this thread