d60 accesories tips

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
i'm looking for a decent tripod for my d60 any tips on a good brand etc.

and also looking at some filters. what should i be looking for?

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Any tripod works really. I just went to best buy for mine. And as far as filters go, it all depends on what type of shots you want and where you are shooting.

silverstang23

Established Member
I disagree about a tripod. If you are serious about photography or think you will be buy a good tripod. SLIK makes some really nice tripods. A circular polarizer is definitely beneficial in the bright sun. Just google filters and you can find explanations on them. There are tons on the market. Depending on what kind of shooting you like a Speedlite might be on your list. I would stay with Nikon for that. For the most part in photography, you pay for what you get.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've been around the Jeep forums too long. I was about to start naming lockers and stuff for a Dana 60.

divided

Established Member
I disagree about a tripod. If you are serious about photography or think you will be buy a good tripod. SLIK makes some really nice tripods. A circular polarizer is definitely beneficial in the bright sun. Just google filters and you can find explanations on them. There are tons on the market. Depending on what kind of shooting you like a Speedlite might be on your list. I would stay with Nikon for that. For the most part in photography, you pay for what you get.

This. Although any 'good' tripod will do. You'll definietly notice a difference with a $100+ dollar tripod as opposed to the cheapy $20 ones.
Tripods are great investments because they pretty much last forever. So id drop the coin now for a legit one if you could.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Filters are something you do not want to go cheap with. Because if it is cheap plastic or cheap glass it will make the images more fuzzy.

As for a tripod. Look into Manfrotto they make top quality tripods for a decent price.

Promaster makes an assortment of filters as well.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
as far as filters go though, there is quite a price difference between a nikon filter, and some generic....bob's filter and was just wondering how much of a difference it would really make, if any.

EDIT: yea thats what i was mostly inquiring about drthv8r.

Last edited:

silverstang23

Established Member
Dont buy generic brand filters. Stay with the more expensive ones. You will notice a difference. Your camera is only as good as your glass. And filters are attached to your lens

Users who are viewing this thread