D1SC users: how easy is it to spin the pulley by hand?

Erich

Established Member
Sounds like a strange question but I notice a big difference between my D1SC and my old P600B.
With the D1SC if you give the pulley a spin by hand, it will almost immediately stop. You cant even get half a rotation out of it.
With the ole P600B, you can get a few full rotations out from one spin.
Erich

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I think the free spinning is a bad thing? I have seen videos of bearings gone in Vortechs. What does it sound like when you spin it? Assuming you bought the D1 used?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yeah, I bought it used back in 06. It sounds like gears meshing when I spin it by hand. The sound really hasn't changed at idle that I can remember.

Erich

Established Member
I got mine new. It has 50K on it now but it has always been the same. I guess the SCs have to slog thru oil. My car (with the blower bypassed) just "ripped off" a 21 mpg on my commute (mixed highway, country roads, bumper to bumper). That is a record for sure. Normally I get around 17 with a record of 18.
Erich

SVT5.4L

Established Member
if it spins freely then its probably not compressing air... correct? i have no experience with centri blowers but i'd imagine it should be somewhat difficult to turn by hand

mtrsprt

Established Member
It's because of step up ratio's. They ARE different.

P600 is 3.05:1
D1-SC 4.10:1

Users who are viewing this thread