D.S.S. Modular shortblocks, any good?

A2V2NV

Established Member
Question for all,

Are the D.S.S. modular short blocks any good? Has anyone had any problems with them? I'm playing with the idea of swapping out my shortblock with a forged shortblock.

Thanks,

~Joe

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you're lucky you won't have a problem. So I'd say no. Do a search on here and see if you can find some threads on them. I don't have time now but I know they will cut corners.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
My buddy has had a few short blocks from them..never any problems. He use to work there too. If you want to PM him his name is QWIK01COBRA

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I had a 5.0 331 Stroker go on me after 6K miles. Was not racing the car and was was used strictly as a DD. Basically the C-Clip that held in the Piston Pin popped out on me. Good news was they warranteed the S-Block fully. However they did not cover my costs to have the Short Block removed, Shipping of the New Short Block back to me, or re-installation.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
i have yet to read any bad about BOSS330.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything bad about Boss330 Racing since they are one of the best modular engine builders in the country. Only thing that sucks is it takes rather long to get an engine from them due to high demand and not alot of employees there. Good thing is Lethal Performance has Boss330 short blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread