D&D Viper T56 6 Speed Transmission

k_kenley

Established Member
Up for sale is a D&D Viper T56, for $2900. It's coming out of my 81 Mustang that has a 2004 Cobra 4.6 in it. You can see the base specs for it at:

http://www.ddperformance.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=170cPath=107_92_126

This trans costs $3500 from D&D for just the trans itself and no other accessories. I'm selling it because I'm moving into a Lentech automatic 4R70W.

This trans is set up for an electronics speedometer, and I had it gone thru last year by Anaheim Transmission and they did a few extra tweaks to it, so it can handle upwards of 800 ft/lbs of torque. I need to call Anaheim Gear so they can pull up the invoice and I'll find out what the specific additional mods were. It has about 12000 miles on it right now, and comes with a modular bellhousing, Pro 5.0 shifter, yoke, new throwout bearing, clutch cable, clutch quadrant, and clutch fork. The handle on the shifter is out of a GT500 and I customized it with a small pushbutton that's had the wiring contained within the handle for a clean look. I had the button activating a relay to turn on my line lock.

T561.jpg

T562.jpg

T563.jpg

T564.jpg

T565.jpg

T566.jpg

T567.jpg

T568.jpg

T569.jpg

T5610.jpg

T5611.jpg

T5612.jpg

T5613.jpg

T5614.jpg

T5615.jpg

T5616.jpg

T5617.jpg

Last edited:

k_kenley

Established Member
****UPDATE****

I spoke with the guys at Anaheim Gear, and the extra mods they did were upgrading it to all of the keys to billet pieces, as well as putting in billet 3/4 dogs. Those are the weakest parts after what D&D does to upgrade the trans when they initially sell it. Also, I will ship this anywhere in the US in a wooden crate if someone is willing to pay the shipping.

k_kenley

Established Member
****UPDATE AGAIN****

YES, I will include all of the connectors from my wire loom that go to the trans. However, I will not be including the whole trans loom. Also, if you plan on putting this into a Fox chassis, I have a 43" (from u-joint to u-joint) custom, rolled steel driveshaft that I can include with the sale.

k_kenley

Established Member
****NEW UPDATE****

The throwout bearing and clutch fork are regular stock Ford ones that you would get for a 03/04 Cobra, and the bearing is brand new. Also, I will ship anywhere in the US for $3000 total.

k_kenley

Established Member
****YES, ANOTHER UPDATE****

I had a question about the gearing, and realized that I didn't put that up. It has the .50 sixth gear, and with 3.73's, I would be revving about 1800 ROM at 80 MPH.

k_kenley

Established Member
I was able to find a copy of the invoice from when the trans was rebuilt. Here it is:

AnaheimGearInvoice-1.jpg

If you're concerned about how it would fare being shipped, here's an example of the last transmission that I packaged up for shipping. Note that I make a point to protect the input/output shafts.

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Last edited:

k_kenley

Established Member
Okay, my lowest price is $2500. It would be $2650 shipped to anywhere in the country via truck freight on a pallet. Insurance would be another $30 to $40.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread