D&D K-Member

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
What's the general consensus with the D&D tubular K-member? Would it be recommended for a daily driver?

RGrossman

Established Member
I've had it before on my 2001 GT and it definitly made the ride much stiffer. I had no problems for the 2 years I had it. IT does provide excellent access to the engine area under the car and is much lighter.

I prob wouldnt do it over again unless I was ready for the stuffer ride, plus it snapping somewhere was always in the back of my head.

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
RGrossman said:
I've had it before on my 2001 GT and it definitly made the ride much stiffer. I had no problems for the 2 years I had it. IT does provide excellent access to the engine area under the car and is much lighter.

I prob wouldnt do it over again unless I was ready for the stuffer ride, plus it snapping somewhere was always in the back of my head.
Why does it make the ride stiffer?

RGrossman

Established Member
Changing from the stock kmember to D&D will usually require coilovers as well. This is where it got to be a stiff ride. I'm sure alot could have been due to spring rate of the coilovers, but not all of it.

I believe there was a way to reuse stock control arms, but then I dont see the point in doing the kmember. There is alot of weight to be saved in the control arms and going coilovers.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The D&D I've seen plenty of drag racers using, I would not touch it for the street.

Maximum Motorsports makes a STOUT looking K member, but it comes at the cost of less weight savings, and the necessity of using a oil filter relocation kit.

Griggs is supposed to make a really nice streetable K member as well.

Users who are viewing this thread