Cylinder needed milled, compression question

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
image_zpsc89136b8.jpg
image_zps7ec739b7.jpg

Kind of an advanced question, I bought some used Aluminator coyote cylinder heads and were boxed poorly when shipped and had some scratches on the gasket surface so I had a machine shop plane/mill it down -0.1 mm which equals to 0.004 inches. Does anyone roughly know how much of an increase in compression this would be if I used a stock head gasket? Thanks in advance.:rolling:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Doubtful that .004 thousands would result in much of a compression bump. The machine shop probably took off the minimum amount of material needed to true the heads.

However I am only getting back into the Ford side of things these days, so I am not sure with these castings. With my 243 GM castings, roughly every .0065 off = -1cc from the combustion chamber. I took .020 off to get to 11:1 up from 10.5:1. That was with GM MLS head gaskets being used.

hopony

Established Member
3.14× bore radius in mm squared × .01 = volume of area removed. You can use cr calculator online and change head gasket thinkness by .1 mm it looks to be about .09 increase in compression. If I entered everything correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread