cylinder mis fire??

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
Took it to Auto Zone today for the CEL. last week said that the plugs were misfiring. So i changed out the plugs yesterday. Took it for a ride and almost ran like new. (it use to spit and sputter and jerk. and loss of power threw the gears). So this morning i got in and the CEL wasn't on. i was like awesome i fixed the problem. so driving for about 30 mins. it started back up the again with the spitting and missing. and the CEL started on again and blinking. took it back to Auto Zone, then was told>>CYLINDER 3 MISS FIRE.?! I need to help tryin to figure out how to fix this problem. thanks!!

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
yep

yea all plugs are gapped correctly. I have Ford Racing wires on there. they've been on for a while thou, about year and a half. I think tomorrow i'm gonna try changin that cylinder's wire just do a quick swap. any other ideas?

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
oh yea this could be help ful..about 6 months ago i had a plug blow out or the threads. i had an incert put it to fix that problem. but was runnin fine up until 2 months ago. i'm not sure if that plug is in the #3 spot.( if your lookin at the engine it was the back right one)

slicktsax

Established Member
did u check to see if that plug came loose? also u might want to see if u have an intake system vacuum leak. that's all i can think of right now off the top of my head.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The FRPP wires seem to be hit or miss. Get a good set of OEM wires.

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
Ok, so i took #3 wire and switched it with #2. CEL turned off for a little while then back on. took it back to auto zone had them read it. it said CYLINDER 2 MISSFIRE. So i think i narrowed it down to its just that bad wire. u all think this is it?
should i get the Autozone- Duratec wires or the Bosh(somethin like that?) wires?????
Thanks fellas

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IMO, get with Steve @ Tousley (see sticky) and get the Motorcraft wires.......AAP used to be able to get them overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread