Cyl head temps. Fi

dennisn

Established Member
Saw a thread on cyl head temps for the 11-14's I have hellion twins and it's pretty hot here. What are you guys seeing for temps?

Mine are around 220 and will go up to 230 plus. im starting to consider a different thermostat.

gremlinsteve

Established Member
205-206 tops. Normal around 203. This is during 94-97 degree heat we have been having. But I'm not in stop n go traffic

I would assume a t stat and a mishimoto radiator with more volume should bring your head temps down a bit

Jay-rod427

Established Member
Even when its 100° mine hangs around 205-208 even sitting in traffic. I would suspect your intercooler has cut down some of the fresh air flow. Thermostat won't do any good as at those temps it is already as wide open as it can be. I would look at better fans to move more air.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Even when its 100° mine hangs around 205-208 even sitting in traffic. I would suspect your intercooler has cut down some of the fresh air flow. Thermostat won't do any good as at those temps it is already as wide open as it can be. I would look at better fans to move more air.

This^

You need to increase airflow due to the intercooler. No real way around that.

krssrls

Established Member
I've seen as high as 213 on mine ( not for prolonged periods temps always drop back to around 207) in heavy traffic and outside temps at around 110.

dennisn

Established Member
I happen to check the fans for some odd reason and found the initial fan not working. Found bad fuse, replaced and that brought down temps to around 208 210. I'll post up after I run it a little to see where they are at but think that might have done the trick.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Keep an eye on that fuse for a while. It could denote and electrical fault elsewhere as well. That should solve your problem for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread