CV tonneau problem

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: Anyone have trouble with the stock '03 CV tonneau cover lifting out of the front slot (behind the rear-seat). No matter how I try to jam it in, it comes up over bumps or at speed. Anyone have a cure?

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Join the club. I have tried to make it stay in place unsuccessfully as well. I know for sure that if you drive it for a long period of time at speed that it will fly off. My fix is to use the Saleen speedster tonneau. I had one on my 99 Roush S2 and to me it and the CDC light bar are two appearance "must haves" for any 94-up vert.

Arthur

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: The Saleen tonneau looks great, but I guess it rules out use of the rear seats? If so, it would not work for me, Thanks anyway!

docs03

Established Member
KarKraft.com has a cover, but it does not fit our 03's due to the top sticking up more. It's expensive too $360.

I am using the soft tonneau cover from www.Haneymotorsport.com However, it does eliminate the back seat This isn't an issue for me.

doc

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Mine pops out of the slot but has never come off the car @ 100+

I leave it laid out flat in the garage on my work bench, finally got the creases from folding it out.

-Brian

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
roushraven, do you ever close your vert top or did you have to remove the top completely?
Is it easy to remove? does it fit in the back seat?

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
roushraven, do you ever close your vert top or did you have to remove the top completely? When I had the car ( I sold it last month) I very rarely removed the tonneau cover

Is it easy to remove? Yep, it's a 2-3 minute job

Does it fit in the back seat? No way. If you take it off it must be stored somewhere until you put it back on again

Users who are viewing this thread