CV Boot Replacements

Carbon Driven

Established Member
So did a google and forum search and seem that most is all old info but pointing to the only replacement boots are Dormin 614-004 universal fit boots

Found them on Summit but its application guide doesnt say it fits. So anyone use these lately or is there a better replacement?

Thanks

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks, Ill give them a call in the morning. Do you know what part numbers it was?

Figure while the axle is out might want to have the outer boot changed too.

Outonyou

Established Member
I recently went through this exact thing. It felt like I ordered in every boot Oreilly's offered. After a week of trail and error, I finally found a replacement inner that fits perfect. NO "UNIVERSAL" BS!! The make is precision and the part number is 9465.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I recently went through this exact thing. It felt like I ordered in every boot Oreilly's offered. After a week of trail and error, I finally found a replacement inner that fits perfect. NO "UNIVERSAL" BS!! The make is precision and the part number is 9465.

Thanks! I'll pick one up :thumbsup:

Tractionless1

Established Member
On another note any news on procuring a center console and shifter bezel in unfinished carbon for me? How about the door sills? All PM's, posts, emails and Facebook attempts have gone unanswered. Thanks

Best way to reach me is [email protected]

Carbon Driven

Established Member
On another note any news on procuring a center console and shifter bezel in unfinished carbon for me? How about the door sills? All PM's, posts, emails and Facebook attempts have gone unanswered. Thanks

Best way to reach me is [email protected]

Im back!

No, I never received any email(s) from you. Ive been real busy and have been off most social media.

But as mentioned in our last pm, I cannot do special one off finishes due to time and possibility of mix-ups etc between regular stock

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Got my axle fixed last week. Shop wasnt comfortable using teh universal boot so they referred me to another shop locally that rebuilds axles. They took my axle off and took it to their rebuild shop in east la and reinstalled it in less than a day for $125 total. 2 new boots, bearings etc. Great deal! :)

MineralCobra

Established Member
Replaced mine about 6 monthes ago with a univesal Dormins boot. I got the part number from one of the old posts. Works great its a little longer so you cut 1 rib less. it actually fit like a glove. This is outter by the hub. The full tilt boogie racing is a repacked boot and jacked up price 5X what they paid...

Users who are viewing this thread