Cutting stock springs VS buying lowering springs

Stephen4036

Established Member
and the $250 looks way better in my bank account than in some companies.....

the 250? who buys new springs? LMAO.. 85 bucks picked up for my H&R's..

haha keep telling your self that. Plus your FOBRA doesnt have "linear springs" like the OP's COBRA does.

lol at throwing out FOBRA.. your cool.. sorry I know how to turn a wench unlike yourself..

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
the 250? who buys new springs? LMAO.. 85 bucks picked up for my H&R's..

lol at throwing out FOBRA.. your cool.. sorry I know how to turn a wench unlike yourself..

hmm i figured that you think you're too good to buy used parts. my mistake tough guy. take your fobra and wrench turning skills somewhere else if you cant provide helpful input, rather than a selfish outburst of your opinion. thanks

K2AHollywood

Established Member
so installing springs with a way stiffer rate that does away with weight transfer for traction and giving a much worse ride quality is the right way? huh, i'm still learning...

i've had cut springs on all three of my cobras and don't have one bad thing to say about it. looks fantastic, way cheaper, you can "choose" your height, overall ride quality improves believe it or not(cutting to a certain point at least). i've ridden in cars with both Steeda and the ever so loved H&R springs and could not believe how horribly those cars rode. i've gotten compliments from those same people when they ride in my cars on how nice they ride for how low they are...just my .02

Ummm swing and a miss Nick? Last time I checked weight transfer wasnt the best thing and I know you know more about cars then to think transfer is directly related traction (loads of other factors effect this as well and to a greater effect) And also reducing the center of gravity reduces both the amount of transfer (as you accurately mentioned) and the total time in which said transfer takes to occur.:dw: Anyway I guess I should have stated the above was also my .02 and I have ridden in both and I strongly disagree with you that cut springs offer a better ride quality, I have always found a properly lowered car on new springs handles characteristically different then cut springs. Is it stiffer? Well yes 100% agree (but the newer shocks that should accompany this process are also in play), then again if I wanted a cushy ride I wouldn’t a.) lower a car or b.) buy a sports car? But I appreciate your input, consider this your .01 change

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
definitely not a miss, baseball's dumb anyway so if i missed in baseball it was due to boredom...

traction does have to do with a number of things combined, just as you mentioned. weight transfer is definitely one of them. let me know how much traction you get when you install solid beams in place of your springs to allow no movement...

maybe we're talking about different applications? weight transfer for drag racing, versus little to none for auto x?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member

What does knowing how to turn a wrench have to do with cutting stock springs or going aftermarket? I turn my own wrenches and cut my stock springs. What does that say about me?

K2AHollywood

Established Member
definitely not a miss, baseball's dumb anyway so if i missed in baseball it was due to boredom...
traction does have to do with a number of things combined, just as you mentioned. weight transfer is definitely one of them. let me know how much traction you get when you install solid beams in place of your springs to allow no movement...
maybe we're talking about different applications? weight transfer for drag racing, versus little to none for auto x?

Fair enough :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread