Cutting stock springs...a couple questions

svt99rag

Established Member
I have the IRS out of the car right now to seal the diff cover and decided to go ahead and lower the car while I have it out. Do I need to cut the spring on the top or bottom? I have searched and found a few threads and saw where it was posted to cut from the top but the coils look like they kinda level out where it seats in the upper iso. Also does it make a difference where the end of the spring facing? Any help would be appreciated:beer:

doczg

Established Member
on the rears i think you can cut from either side and it wont really matter. If you look carefully, you can see that spacing on the end of the spring and the next coil is closer on one side than the other, you want to cut from the more open side.

Btw i just did a 1/2 coil front and 3/4 coil realy drop and i wish i would have cut 5/8 rear because now the car sits perfectly level and i like a little rake. I reused the stock isos btw.

svt99rag

Established Member
on the rears i think you can cut from either side and it wont really matter. If you look carefully, you can see that spacing on the end of the spring and the next coil is closer on one side than the other, you want to cut from the more open side.

Btw i just did a 1/2 coil front and 3/4 coil realy drop and i wish i would have cut 5/8 rear because now the car sits perfectly level and i like a little rake. I reused the stock isos btw.

Yeah the rear bottoms are spread apart more, I dont have the fronts out yet. I plan on using stock isos. Do you have any pics?

doczg

Established Member
PIC-0021.jpg

PIC-0022.jpg

The height to the top of the wheel well is 26.5 all the way around with 1/2 coil off the front and 3/4 off rear.

Users who are viewing this thread