cutting stock seats into buckets..how hard?

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
how hard is it to cut passenger seat into a bucket? anyone ever tried this at home without an upholstery "pro" working on it. i have little to no experience working on upholstery but im a pretty handy guy and would love a new little project like this....will i need to get new foam for the bottom or can i rework the old one? i have brand new upper/lower covers for the drivers side but the foam is totally ruinned so i will need new foam for that aswell...where can i get these?

sams99lightning

BOOSTED!!!
Established Member
i think it would be way to much work and without a upolstery shop doing the sewing it i dont think it will turnout to good. just buy another driver seat. i think it would save you a big job and just incase your project dont turn out so good your passenger seat wont be all hacked up lol. But hey if your bored and want to try it good luck man.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
so i ripped the seat out today and started tearing it down. removed all brackets and sliding assembly from the bottom seat. so i will need a expy seat pan, right? this is where im at right now

everything unbolted from bottom, cover still on
SDC13631.jpg

SDC13632.jpg

so everyting to the right of the thick vertical metal bar has to go. does the bar get cut out too? keep hearing about needing seat pans but never seen what it actually looks like. does the foam and everything transfer over to the new pan or are you supposed to actually cut up all the metal framing in the stock seat? or is the sseat pan just for mounting purposes?
SDC13634.jpg

SDC13635.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread