Cutting factory rear springs and slicks

palehorse

Established Member
I have been spending time in suspension area and Jefe has given me a lot of info and advice. I'm looking for more exposure here. I currently have factory rear springs. At the track I run a 28x12.5 tire on a 15 in wheel.

My tires actually fit fine but at the very top of the track (126ish mph) my tire starts to rub where the side skirts Attach to the fender well.

I actually think the modest drop I am considering might alleviate this, but concerned I might rub the top off the fender well on launch.

Anyone have any experience with 28x12.5 tires and cutting the factory springs about 1 coil? I will have my fenders rolled.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have been spending time in suspension area and Jefe has given me a lot of info and advice. I'm looking for more exposure here. I currently have factory rear springs. At the track I run a 28x12.5 tire on a 15 in wheel.

My tires actually fit fine but at the very top of the track (126ish mph) my tire starts to rub where the side skirts Attach to the fender well.

I actually think the modest drop I am considering might alleviate this, but concerned I might rub the top off the fender well on launch.

Anyone have any experience with 28x12.5 tires and cutting the factory springs about 1 coil? I will have my fenders rolled.

Why don't you just cut the springs, and then install stockers for the track? I could do the rears in about 20-30 minutes, and you are going to have the car up in the air changing the wheels/tires anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread