Cut spring question

03CobraDom

Established Member
I just installed a pair of factory springs with 1 coil cut in the front, doing the rear tomorrow.. I took it around the block and noticed when i came back that the little covers are now missing over the top of the shock in the engine bay.. Also there is an occasional slight clunk noise... Will this go away after i get an alignment??

I'm gonna go retighten everything tomorrow, anyone else have this noise? Should i put my stock uncut springs back in?

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
I did this before on my fox body and it looked great handled horrible. I wouldn't recommend using it for long, I'd order an aftermarket set if the budget allows. Just my opinion.

89blackvert

Established Member
I would recommend a set of cc plates. Do a search and see what others have done. I remember researching this and I am going to do the same thing. Buy a used set of factory coupe springs, cut them and add MM cc plates.

MikeW

Established Member
did u need caster camber plates?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474479&highlight=bolt

I cut my stockers all the way around and I used a Camber bolt in the front struts to get the car in line. THey are much Cheaper that CC plates and work every well.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/EW3/Prod...d=1207232232065&cycleCount=1577&currentPage=0

I did this before on my fox body and it looked great handled horrible. I wouldn't recommend using it for long, I'd order an aftermarket set if the budget allows. Just my opinion.

Two different types of springs... foxbody or non-IRS springs when cut will not ride as well as cut IRS springs. (Progressive springs vs. linear springs).

My cut 03 vert springs ride as well as the H&R ss Springs that are on my 03 Coupe and the H&R Race springs that are on my 98 coupe.

Users who are viewing this thread