cut out or missing 95 gt.....

on-3svt

Established Member
my buddy has a 95 gt and it has a weird problem like it hitting rev limiter
at like 2800 and like stays popping and jerking like there is not enough fuel pressure
but after it gets going it runs ok but still real sluggish its a 5.0 5 speed no mods at all. he says it runs a little better on the highway guess on the top end.
but he said it starts acting up a check engine light comes on, when he lets off the gas the light goes off presses the gas it comes back on , but its not on all the time
weird to me. but cant be to bad if the car is still running anyone have this problem
or know what it could be.

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
need more info. how many miles? any preventative maintainence done?
could be anything from bad pump, fuel filter clogged, to secondary ignition problem. need more info though

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
may need a new tfi module, when the one in my 92 went out it would act the same way

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I got an idea. How about you get a code reader and see why the check engine light is going on. That might tell ya whats wrong.

on-3svt

Established Member
we put on a new fuel filter checked the regultor and the fuel pressure all seems to be fine
it has about 110xxx miles new plugs and wires new cap and rotor it is not popping through the air intake its popping out the tailpipes it didnt start till he had the trans pulled and rebuilt someone said it could be the o2 and the shop he had it at sid the code is not in the book oil is changed all the time and is in good care

Users who are viewing this thread