Customized MGW gen 2 shift handle

twawsico

Established Member
I finally got around to replacing my MGW gen 1 shifter with the gen 2 that had been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years. Like everyone else, I wish I would've done it long ago. While the gen 1 was much better than stock, the gen 2 is incredible.
Another piece that I'll be installing soon (also sitting on the shelf for a couple of years) is the JPC line lock. Since I know that'll be coming next, I was looking for the best way to incorporate the shifter ball with the momentary switch button that I got at the same time as the line lock kit. I didn't like the way it looked with the wire coming out of the hole in the shifter ball and then tucked into the boot.
Luckily, I have a friend with a machine shop that could help me out. He drilled out the center of the handle and bored a notch in the side to allow me to route the wire directly through it. I figured I would show some pics of how it turned out in case it helps someone else. I simply used some black caulking to fill the hole that SpeedDawg originally routed the wire through. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution for that, but it's not really visible anyway.

IMG_7365_zpsqomjasvt.jpg

IMG_7368_zpsgqh6lxfi.jpg

IMG_7373_zpsm7cylzem.jpg

IMG_7380_zpsmo6wwxda.jpg

IMG_7386_zpsf4twjz8h.jpg

IMG_7388_zpsoawnd3q2.jpg

IMG_7391_zpsybiumarf.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What happens if you hit that button by accident?
Also wouldn't do anything negative unless you had foot on brake and then somehow held the button down and attempt to drive off.
To activate you need to hold brakes and then HOLD button down. Keeping button held and releasing foot from brakes keeps brakes held by bottun, so hard to accidentally activate. I just want my line love and WOT box on a switch I have to activate otherwise they can't be active on the street.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread