Custom wheel finish opinions

SLPRCTM

Established Member
So, here is the story. I searched for a while to find a set of 17x10.5 wheels in the factory satin finish with no luck. I ordered a set of 2-17x9 & 2-17x10.5 03 cobra wheels in gloss black because that was the cheapest finish. I am taking the full set to a wheel refinish company tomorrow to have them changed. Here are the options I'm debating over. Factory machine finish with darker grey windows. Factory machine finish with flat black windows. Factory machine finish with gloss black windows. Entire wheel done in flat black. The car is a 2003 black on black vert. I'm really thinking towards the entire flat black. I like the way these cars look in all black but don't like the gloss black wheels. Just doesn't look right to me. Any opinions or other ideas? They go in for the face-lift tomorrow morning.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
The wheels are now at the wheel shop and I have to call the guy on Monday to let him know what finish to go with. It is down to 2 options. Either machined finish with darker grey windows or the entire rim flat black. So far, most people I have talked to say flat black. I'm leaning towards the flat black but not quite sure. Does anyone have a pic of one of our terminators with flat black wheels on preferably a black car?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
machined with black windows will look cheap imo.

go with either gloss black or matte black, not FLAT black. too racerish. verts need to keep a lil bling to them :beer:

and there's tons of pics of black cobras with black stock wheels. there was thread posted just a few days ago in THIS forum.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Thanks for the sugestion. The machined with black windows was already eliminated. While I was at the wheel shop I looked at another set of rims that were done in a matte finish and did not like it at all. To me it looked like a dirty/dull gloss black wheel. The same goes for black chrome. Just looks dirty. Something about completely glossy colored/painted wheels just doesn't look right to me. Don't get me wrong, there are some beautiful cars out there with color matched wheels. It is just not my thing personally. I have seen many pics of cobras with black wheels but I was looking more specific for flat black wheels. All I find in searches is gloss black.

Users who are viewing this thread