Custom Valved AST 4150 Coilovers + Accessories! Lowered Price!

BUstang

Established Member
**PLEASE READ**. I cannot confirm, to a 100% certainty, that these struts/shocks are indeed the 4150 Series. I have been told by at least one expert that they are the 4150 series. Through my own research and the fact that they are 12-way adjustable (rather than 8 way), I STRONGLY believe these are 4150 units. However, they are early production models, which means they designed slightly different than the units you see now on Vorshlag’s website. I am re-selling these because the original buyer was not comfortable with this design difference, so I refunded his money in full. Because of the design difference, I am willing to sell this kit for $1680 shipped + the 3% paypal fee.

I have an entire AST 4150 coilover system + supporting hardware that I need to sell. It's currently all in a box waiting to be shipped to your front door. The shocks were custom valved by Sam at Stranoparts. I am unaware of the mileage on the shocks/struts, but I was told they were used for “one season.” Here's what you get:

"The totally redesigned AST 4150 Series coilover shock and strut kit stands as AST's entry level, adjustable monotube damper. Using the same internal technology found in the GRAND AM series 5200 competition dampers, the 4150 improves on the hugely successful 4100 model, adding many new features, upgrades, and robustness. The AST 4150 is the premier adjustable coilover damper for the track and amateur road racing market with excellent street manners as well."

Monotube dampers that use 22mm shafts for struts and 14mm shafts for shocks
Nitrogen charged to 175 psi for 22mm shaft shocks and 265 psi for 14mm shaft shocks
Utilizes AST's new Load Bearing Double Piston (LBP) for all strut designs (AST is the only coilover in this price range to use this feature)
Steel bodied strut housings and aluminum bodied shocks, coated in European KTL coating - this coating is stronger and more weather resistant than powder coat, wet paint or zinc electroplating found on most shocks
Utilizes design principles required for grueling TUV testing including withstanding 1 million cycles with 1100 pounds of side load on the strut
Available as Rebound-only adjustable (4150) or Rebound and Compression adjustable
Fully rebuildable and revalvable here in the USA
Strut and shock bodies shortened appropriately for lowered performance cars
The 4150 series have been street and track tested at events including SCCA Nationals, NASA Nationals, 25 Hours of Thunderhill and Grand Am races
Valved for a comfortable, agressive street ride that performs great at the track with the turn of a knob

Parts Included:
Pair of Front AST 4150 Single Adjustable (12 adj, Rebound only) Steel Monotube Struts
Pair of Rear AST 4150 Single Adjustable (12 adj, Rebound only) Aluminum Monotube Shocks
Modified Rear Shock mounts.
Pair of AST Front Spring Perches for 60mm springs and your OEM upper strut mounts (removed when purchased with camber plates)
Pair of AST Rear Ride Height Adjusters for 60mm springs
Pair of Nylon Rear Ride Height Adjuster Platforms

In addition, this kit also comes with everything listed on this receipt. In essence, you're ready to bolt this stuff on and get an alignment! The spring setup is specifically designed for daily use + occasional track use. Email me at ryan dot s dot pigg at gmail.com with any questions!

ORrqCG4.jpg

uzqm2GT.jpg

ZuHOXgT.jpg

wmgUnZI.jpg

NcNdd4I.jpg

NQbiWSc.jpg

8En7wO8.jpg

jnF3uYW.jpg

ijwlXzy.jpg

Last edited:

natedog_1959

Established Member
Bump for a phenomenal deal. This is around $1000 less than Vorshlag sells this kit for. If I could talk the "boss" into letting me splurge on suspension, I would buy this from you in a heartbeat. GLWS

BUstang

Established Member
Thanks for the bump! If the woman in charge changes her mind, send me an email!

BUstang

Established Member
I did. The previous buyer was uncomfortable with the slight exterior design difference on my struts/shocks compared to the brand new updated models, so I refunded his money in whole. I care about my integrity as a seller so it was a no questions asked refund! Email me at Ryan.s.pigg at gmail dot com if you'd like to buy them! I'm open to all reasonable offers as I'd much rather someone actually use these darn things!

natedog_1959

Established Member
I'm planning a trip to Vegas the first week in July. If I come back with more $$ than I left with, and they are still available, I will take them off your hands for the whole $1850. If my pockets are light, I might still make you an offer.

Nate

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I'm planning a trip to Vegas the first week in July. If I come back with more $$ than I left with, and they are still available, I will take them off your hands for the whole $1850. If my pockets are light, I might still make you an offer.

Nate

Hahaha this is great.

BUstang

Established Member
Why take the gamble of losing this set of coilovers to someone else! You can buy them now and have guaranteed happiness.

natedog_1959

Established Member
The gambling will probably be the least expensive thing we do in Vegas. Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Shows, Clubs, etc, etc. I'm working on the Mrs. but it's an uphill battle. Coilovers are going to lead to control arms and sway bars and etc, etc.

Nate

BUstang

Established Member
Bump - I'll accept $1680 + 3% paypal fees for everything! This is more than generous!

Users who are viewing this thread