Custom twin turbo cobra....dyno time!

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
Well, got it running last night and made a few pulls on the dyno today. After three pulls we left at 805rwhp with 18psi :rockon::pepper::D. In the vid I thought it was 19 but we went back and watched my footage of the boost gauge and it was more like 17-18. It had a little race gas in it but it only had 18* timing so the race gas really wasn't doing much. This is car has stock cams and stock motor. More numbers to come soon.........

http://www.hpjvids.com/fastlane/Seths turbo cobra on dyno 07.wmv

The pics were before the regulator was moved to behind the intake and a few more things were buttoned up. New pics coming soon..........

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

04torchred

Established Member
That is sweet, goes to show that removing most of the 90 degree bends on the inlet piping helps out and makes the kit nice and efficient.

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
:bowdown:

Those are some damn nice numbers. Any plans on taking it to the track?

I doubt it man, at least not any time soon. I still have a completely stock IRS and it prolly won't like all that power :nonono: After I recover from the kit I may look at doing the swap.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Car is fuggin' sweet man!

The vid says still working on the tune with the Mafia......Is the MAF in the oval pipe where the 2 come together before the TB?

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
Yes, the MAF is in the big oval tube right before the TB. And it measures 115mm!!!! My SCT 2800 took a crap so it is currently running STOCK ELECTRONICS!!!!

The downpippes and manifolds are from HP and the rest was fabbed by Fastlane.

CrazyCarlSVT

Established Member
Saw it in person on the dyno yesterday. Simply badass. Fastlane did an excellent job putting the kit together and tuning it. Seth's gonna make some heads roll real soon.

Last edited:

DRIVNFOOL1

Established Member
So what are you going to do about the electronics? SCT 3000?

Unfortunantly the SCT 3000 has a different bolt patern than the BA2800. The stock electronics held out until 720hp@15psi. As you know the introduction of a Mafia requires more tuning of the MAF curve.

Stock meter 720hp@15psi 1010 counts
Mafia 2 745hp@16psi 920 counts
Mafia 2 775hp @17psi 940 counts
Mafia 2 805hp@18psi 965 counts
Mafia 2 ???hp@20psi ??? counts Maybe Later

A few more half pulls to smooth out the transitional A/F and she will be ready to hit the street. Congrats to Seth, We hope you get as much joy out of driving this car as we did building it. Show and Go FTW

Last edited:

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
Unfortunantly the SCT 3000 has a different bolt patern than the BA2800. The stock electronics held out until 720hp@15psi. As you know the introduction of a Mafia requires more tuning of the MAF curve.

Stock meter 720hp@15psi 1010 counts
Mafia 2 745hp@16psi 920 counts
Mafia 2 775hp @17psi 940 counts
Mafia 2 805hp@18psi 965 counts
Mafia 2 ???hp@20psi ??? counts Maybe Later

A few more half pulls to smooth out the transitional A/F and she will be ready to hit the street. Congrats to Seth, We hope you get as much joy out of driving this car as we did building it. Show and Go FTW

Thanks for the technical data man!! At what point does the meter peg as far as maf counts go?

You did one hell of a job building and tuning this beast!!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

DRIVNFOOL1

Established Member
Thanks for the technical data man!! At what point does the meter peg as far as maf counts go?

You did one hell of a job building and tuning this beast!!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The meter is considered pegged at 1023counts. At the rate you are headed it should be able to handle 2-3 more psi before we go to setting 3 on the Mafia. My concerns with our custom Meter worked out perfect. The maf counts are very stable at idle and part throttle which will reward us with good drivability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread