Custom tunes on 13 Shelbys

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I'm wondering if there are more issues with custom tunes in the 13's as opossed to prior model years?

topless10th

Established Member
i can't speak for those who have tunes from others, but my john lund tune is horrible! i regret it every time i get in the car. every time i push the pedal on the right, all i get is white tire smoke. is this happening to anyone else? i'm pissed and considering legal recourse. :loser:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
i can't speak for those who have tunes from others, but my john lund tune is horrible! i regret it every time i get in the car. every time i push the pedal on the right, all i get is white tire smoke. is this happening to anyone else? i'm pissed and considering legal recourse. :loser:

Yes, Perhaps we should start a class action suit and make him pay for replacement tires for life!

BIRDDOC

Established Member

Now that's some funny S***!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I have a Lund Tune as well and it is amazing! I have had two random Lean Codes pop up so far while just cruising at low rpm. I just erase them with the tuner. Figure it's from that JLT intake sucking in massive amounts of atmosphere even at low rpms.

My otherwise stock CTS-V has a Volant intake and I get the same random codes - no real problem.

And yeah, the rear tires are a lost cause here too!:beer:

Last edited:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm wondering if there are more issues with custom tunes in the 13's as opossed to prior model years?

LOL some funny comments. Sorry guys, Lund Racing will NOT warranty tires. Please be sure to check to see if you have any lead weights attached to your foot or the gas pedal!!

for the OP, we can get you set up with a killer custom tune. Lots of happy campers as you can see above. The 2013 is making some great progress and the Lund Tune is there to help unleash the beast.

Click here for the SCT handheld programmer with custom tune from Lund Racing

Click here if you have the SCT already and just need a custom tune!

If you need help with anything else, please let me know.

John

blackshelby

I have a Lund Tune as well and it is amazing! I have had two random Lean Codes pop up so far while just cruising at low rpm. I just erase them with the tuner. Figure it's from that JLT intake sucking in massive amounts of atmosphere even at low rpms.

My otherwise stock CTS-V has a Volant intake and I get the same random codes - no real problem.

And yeah, the rear tires are a lost cause here too!:beer:

Lean codes have zero to do with the intake sucking in massive amounts of air.
That should be addressed because it should not cause a code, you have an issue.
Check your intake for leaks or cracks ,anywhere that could be sucking in unmetered air.
If all good then another possibility is the meter transfer curve is off in the tune.

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member

Correct, this means you probably have an air leak after the MAF sensor and your motor is actually running lean. Not something to mess with. Soon or later you will end up with a hole right in the center of a piston.

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
LOL some funny comments. Sorry guys, Lund Racing will NOT warranty tires. Please be sure to check to see if you have any lead weights attached to your foot or the gas pedal!!

for the OP, we can get you set up with a killer custom tune. Lots of happy campers as you can see above. The 2013 is making some great progress and the Lund Tune is there to help unleash the beast.

Click here for the SCT handheld programmer with custom tune from Lund Racing

Click here if you have the SCT already and just need a custom tune!

If you need help with anything else, please let me know.

John

Looking for a Lund tune for my 2011 GT500 with a '13 OEM TVS/Big Air JLT and other mods, in the next couple of weeks. :rockon:

Last edited:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Check your intake for leaks or cracks ,anywhere that could be sucking in unmetered air.
If all good then another possibility is the meter transfer curve is off in the tune.

Good Info!

I will check and RE-check all connections next time I pull the car out of the garage.:beer:

Van@RevanRacing

Watch oil separators. If the separator has a leak or isn't tight you can get unmetered air post MAF as blackshelby mentioned. Just something we've seen with JLT oil separators that were not tightened and air was getting in.

Users who are viewing this thread