custom tune?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
predator custom tune help!

ok so I dont know if the dealer didnt know wtf they were talking about, and ive been scared of this predator thing I have, but they told me it had a pulley/91 tune in it, fine. I have the 6# lower and all I wanted to do was go change the tire size setting, easy enough? I went in, it gave me all the prompts, I checked last tune entered and it said "custom tune." no where in it did I see 91/pulley tune, not even any of the other tune options that were discussed on the site and in the manual. so, I went in on the custom tune and hit to modify parameteres, went to tire size and changed it, only it wouldnt let me change to my specific revolutions per mile, the closest I could get was 633, which I guess is fine, the next up was 686 or something and my number was 638. anyway, when I hit back it said it would have to install the custom tune to make that effect take place...I didnt want to have to do that, but just let it do it all anyway and it was step by step and I really really hope its all ok, but heres my question, would it say custom tune only if there is an actual custom tune in there? the dealer doesnt know anything about it. were all the "canned" tunes like 91/pulley, etc in the updates to download? why are they in the book but I couldnt find them? basically, is there any way I screwed anything up by changing the tire size and reinstalling the "custom tune?" thats all I really wanna know. :shrug:

Last edited:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
so...no one knows? strangely I feel like after I uploaded the tune its been running stronger than before. like before when I nailed it id get some tire squaking, I hit it last night and got sideways! I dunno, guess its doing ok, but maybe a dyno to at least check things out should be in order.

Bootbox

Established Member
What I would do, is put the stock hp program back on, then modify the custom tune and put that on, just to be sure it took the right way. It's not too late.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Bootbox said:
What I would do, is put the stock hp program back on, then modify the custom tune and put that on, just to be sure it took the right way. It's not too late.
well, when I went in, the only tune I saw was this custom tune, I didnt see a factory tune, no canned tunes, nothing but that...is that normal? again, could this be because I havent downloaded the updates or am I just not looking in the right spots? this was the first time I'd ever plugged in the predator. I also just contacted a local dyno shop and maybe I'll go jump on that and make sure everythings hunky dorey...

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
ok, I just got off the phone with the dealer, here is what he told me. he said that the guy who had the truck ordered a custom tune and the predator and 6# pulley at the same time and installed it all at the same time. when the dealer got the truck he says he "restored the jlp factory "safe" tune" in there so it would be more safe...that said, I dont know what hes talking about but if he really put some other tune in there it would make sense then that I reinstalled the custom tune from jlp and its running stronger, but maybe I'll call them to see what I cant find out about this.

JollyGiant

Established Member
When a custom tune is loaded into the predator the factory tunes "disappear". They are not really gone but just disappear from the menus.

To see the factory tunes, you have to erase the custom tune from the predator. Before erasing the custom tune from the predator, you should export the tune to a computer so it would be available in the future.

All of the actions pertaining to importing, exporting and erasing a custom tune are found on the Options/Custom Tune menu.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
JollyGiant said:
When a custom tune is loaded into the predator the factory tunes "disappear". They are not really gone but just disappear from the menus.

To see the factory tunes, you have to erase the custom tune from the predator. Before erasing the custom tune from the predator, you should export the tune to a computer so it would be available in the future.

All of the actions pertaining to importing, exporting and erasing a custom tune are found on the Options/Custom Tune menu.
I see...I did not know that, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread