Custom Stainless Bumper Letters Finally On ;-)

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Woud like to thank Scott at SW Designs for the best stainless letters around. Service was fantastic, prices are awesome and these are by far the highest quality pieces on the market.

I decided to powdercoat them black and just picked them up from him after having the tape re applied.

I wanted to keep the subtle look

IMG_4670-vi.jpg

IMG_4666-vi.jpg

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
So you bought custom stainless and painted them black. They come shiny stock? They look good to me but why did you paint them black, why not just leave it be and save the money?

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
I got the stainless letters in mirror stainless steel as they come from Scott and powdercoated them black. I am trying to keep things dark on the car with the plasma wheels, etc.

Just wanted to them to be subtle. Look wicked in person. Cost me barely anything

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
mmmkay, I still don't understand though. I guess I would have to see them in person to understand. I, personally, would have just let it be.

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
I did not want cobra 'blingin' in my rear bumper. The letters are made to fill that emboss in the rear bumper cause some people, like me, dont like the how it looks. So i went for the subtle look. It gives the raised look of the letters but is just noticable.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Like I said, it does look good I was just confused why you would paint them black when your car was black. It looks like it's a tad raised, like to our eye we'd see it but to the normal civilian, I doubt they would notice. Hey if your happy man, it's your 03. Hell I put 3 coats of wax on my beater. I'm crazy! l8r Jeff

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by Zgarske01
not to be mean but it looks like you didn't even add anything to the rear because u got them powdercoated black

please read the full thread before posting, I think I remember clarifying this with him already. lol nah but seriously.

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Originally posted by JerseyGT
Like I said, it does look good I was just confused why you would paint them black when your car was black. It looks like it's a tad raised, like to our eye we'd see it but to the normal civilian, I doubt they would notice. Hey if your happy man, it's your 03. Hell I put 3 coats of wax on my beater. I'm crazy! l8r Jeff

I build my car for me..and other cobra/stang owners will realize it anyway.

I just love the look of the SS letters but wanted them 'stealth'

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
i can tell a difference cause without the letters in there is all completely shiney is make the COBRA stand out more instead of having the glair

Taylor04

**** it, Run it!
Established Member
Hey young stallion..are those BBS rk's you have?..got any more pics you can post of them?

m8trix00

Established Member
I like it alot, how much did you lower your snake?

I have a DSG, I am going to put a darker gray in the bumper , nothing extreme

I am going for the same look

nice ride :rockon:

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
they are H&R Supersports with stock isolators. Buy Steeda or MM urethane isolators to give you a bit extra clearance. I scrape everything and everywhere....love how it looks though ;-)

I would say it is close to 2". I am gonna measure it today.

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Nope....i would rather spend my money on susspension and go fast goodies before I coat the wheels. I want 10's before I start touching cosmetics again. They are not to far away. a small shot will do it, maybe just a lower pulley even with the 2.80 or go bigger upper and like a 6lb lower because I am not making the TQ I should be.....some dyno tuning and messing around with a few combo's will take care of it

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Thanks dude...I really appreciate the comments

that was the goal of the vehicle...to make it look agressive but keep it stylish and subtle (stealth).

Users who are viewing this thread