Custom SRI

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
So I thought since winter would be coming around the corner pretty soon, I decided to take out the CAI and I was gonna put my Stock Intake back but thought to try to Make a Custom SRI. Tell me want you guys think.

CustomSRI003.jpg

CustomSRI002-1.gif

CustomSRI002.jpg

Its the stock MAS stuff with a K&N filter with a Injen Heat shield I had laying around.

Thanks
Andrew

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Looks good to me, I used to run a setup like that.

I went to the setup below because I wanted cooler air but I don't want the worries of a true CAI.
IMAG0516.gif

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
I dont know how to relocate the battery cause thats where i wanted to put it and some people said ill break my MAS since i have no support so i have to work on that but i have angled piece that I can use if i could relocate the battery.

Was the relocation hard?

DId you use your own pipe or did you buy a SRI and then just extended it yourself?

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
What he should do is jsut get a new longer hose, and run it down to vent below the car. You don't want hot oily air blowing back into your intake...

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
02AllBlackSVT said:
I dont know how to relocate the battery cause thats where i wanted to put it and some people said ill break my MAS since i have no support so i have to work on that but i have angled piece that I can use if i could relocate the battery.

Was the relocation hard?

DId you use your own pipe or did you buy a SRI and then just extended it yourself?

My whole setup is scratch built.

The battery relocation is simple, You need a battery tray from a Duratec Focus and then cut it to fit.

The battery cables don't even need to be altered to do this mod, The only thing I had to do was add a jumper wire to a couple ground wires on the drivers side.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
02AllBlackSVT said:
Why the Duratec tray?

The Duratec battery mounts where I have mine :thumbsup: thats where I got the idea.

The reason for modifying the tray is that the Duratec also has a different brace going to the top of the trans mount (black brace between the airbox and battery) and the tray won't quite fit without cutting it up a little bit.

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
Oh I see, so where could I pick one of those bad boys up at?

And what piping are you using just custom or other intake pipe?

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
02AllBlackSVT said:
Oh I see, so where could I pick one of those bad boys up at?

And what piping are you using just custom or other intake pipe?

I can sell you the tray for $29.00 plus shipping if you want one otherwise scrounge the salvage yards in your area.

The pipe I have in mine is intercooler piping for a Super Duty diesel :rockon:
not real cost effective unless you can scrounge it from a warranty scrap pile :thumbsup:

You can pick up stuff similar to it on E-bay or even have stuff bent by a muffler shop. You just wnat to make sure whatever you use won't rust.

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
Well I have a buddy that said PVC would work too. So thats Why I asked but I dont want the white plastic look Id rather have the Metal.

Im gonna look around and if I find the piping you will probably be getting a call to order the tray. Im gonna see what I can find first.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
02AllBlackSVT said:
Well I have a buddy that said PVC would work too. So thats Why I asked but I dont want the white plastic look Id rather have the Metal.

Im gonna look around and if I find the piping you will probably be getting a call to order the tray. Im gonna see what I can find first.

On mine the black tubing is plastic and the front section is aluminum.

You may find that stuff at a scrap yard as well if you can find a Ford turbodiesel that you can get the piping off of.

I've seen silicone boots at places like Checker and O'reillys if you need to source them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread