Custom setups or "pieced together" setups for E85

Mattio

Established Member
Ive done numerous searches looking for a definitive answer to my question without any luck as of yet. I have pieced together fuel systems before for other cars and other setups and found that ive saved money by buying each component separate.
My question is, what parts specifically will i need to run E85 with a 2.3 Whipple and no2? my goal is to make around 22-24psi of boost and maybe spray. My power goal is approx 750 but again, i need to know what i need to have a suitable e85 setup to do this. What pumps? how many? what fuel filter? Injectors? fuel line size for feed and return? What are some of you current E85 users setups? how long have you been running it?

Chances50

Established Member
Ive done numerous searches looking for a definitive answer to my question without any luck as of yet. I have pieced together fuel systems before for other cars and other setups and found that ive saved money by buying each component separate.
My question is, what parts specifically will i need to run E85 with a 2.3 Whipple and no2? my goal is to make around 22-24psi of boost and maybe spray. My power goal is approx 750 but again, i need to know what i need to have a suitable e85 setup to do this. What pumps? how many? what fuel filter? Injectors? fuel line size for feed and return? What are some of you current E85 users setups? how long have you been running it?

Behind Bars Race Cars fuel rails, Aeroquip push lock lines -8 supply -6 return, Twin 340 pumps(im running stealths) Aeromotive boost referencing regulator, I used a stock Cobra hat and had a steel -8 nipple welded to the stock supply and drilled a hole for a -6 nipple, im running a Russel brand fue filter from Summit. Id run 80lb injectors Min might need larger for 750rwhp on E85.

Aeroquip lines are the only lines i could find that were E85 tested.

Last edited:

wrp

Established Member
SNL Performance did mine so I do not want to leave an impression that I did it or figured it out myself. I mainly drilled the holes pulled the wires and asked questions. My goals were similar to yours and I am not sure how different the GM/Ford setup would be.

I am running a full return system using an Aeromotive A1000 feeding a -10AN to a y block behind the fuel rails, splitting to two 8AN feeds into the rails. That fires ID Bosch 2000cc injectors. Off the other side we are using an Aeromotive regulator that feeds back to the OEM -8AN return. We pieced it together. I am running 23 lbs of boost on a 408 ci engine and spraying a 50 dry shot. We ran out of fuel pump and that is the reason we are not shooting a 100 dry shot. The NOS is really for IAT's which the E85 handled quite nicely. The 50 shot netted nearly 200 rwtq though. Radio at SNL setup the return, the feed and the bucket. I believe he rigged the voltage to the pump too. I know we had to turn the fuel pressure up to feed the car above 6500.

Here is the -10AN coming out of the tank
DSC03067.jpg

Here is the -10AN through the pump, note the 100 micron filters
FuelPumpWiring3-640.jpg

Regulator on the back side of the rails
Ethyl51-640.jpg

Relay wired in the back after battery relocate
FuelPumpWiring2-640.jpg

Setting the OEM return
DSC03066.jpg

Routing the line
SANY0015-2-1.jpg

Changing out Injector connections
Fuel047-640.jpg

Bad Boys, these are high impedance
Fuel041-640.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
I made a custom setup. Used lines and fittings from Aeroquip Hose Fittings, Adapters and More from Aeroquip.cc. great price and fast shipping. For your setup your setup you can run 80s, twin Stealth Pumps. Fore Fuel filter and Fore Fuel regulator. Fuel rails are nice. I did a feed and return the same size. If you run small return you will heat your fuel which is not the best idea.

Here is my setup:

ForeBoxes.jpg

ForeParts.jpg

ForeReturnHat.jpg

WalbroPumps.jpg

84d5c64e.jpg

111_3545.jpg

116_2112.jpg

116_2113.jpg

116_2114.jpg

116_2116.jpg

DSCN2155.jpg

DSCN2152.jpg

116_2133.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
nice setup Godstang...i have something similar from anfittingsdirect.com. i am doing the eliminator pump, and a paxton regulator. question, did the regulator come with the mount to put it on the bolts on the top of the covers? any idea where to maybe just get that mounting bracket?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
also, are the fittings you use into the regulator orbed on one side, and flat on the other with an o ring? or are they the "unions"

GodStang

Established Member
We made the mounting bracket out of a piece of scrap metal than I polished it. Pretty sure the regulator fittings are o-ringed. I had bought some stuff from anfittings.com and was not happy with the quality so I trashed it and went with the aeroquip stuff.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
^hmm maybe i just havent seen them in comparison. i had a few guys tell me they liked it. hope it works out

SSeatr

Established Member
I would go larger injector with E85 for over 700whp, from what I understand is 700-775 on E85 has the 80's maxed.

GodStang

Established Member
I would go larger injector with E85 for over 700whp, from what I understand is 700-775 on E85 has the 80's maxed.

I am going for 850 on 80s and there are plenty with 900+ blowers on 80s. I had 190s and tuner told me to go back to 80s.

onebadstang16

Banned
Let me say thanks to my best friend mattio for posting this as he knew I was installing my fuel system at the moment. God my setup is similar to yours but I am utilizing twin 400 walbro pumps.

My setup goes as follows hat with 400s > micron filter > yblock > back of each division x rails > out of rails to Aeromotive regulator > return.

God I have a question though for your wiring and such can you explain that in detail please sir, I wont be using the stock fpdm or the rail sending unit.

Users who are viewing this thread