Custom Intake Fabu!

HTPerformance

I bought a COSMO Racing SRI on ebay that is made for the regular Zetec. Originally I had hacked out 3" between the PCV nipple and the maf input and also an additional 1" after the maf in order to fit in the stock location.

DSCF2345.gif

Since then I was looking for a nice airflow. Since I had removed the stock airbox I did not see a need for the airbox brackets. This was easy to change since I had already removed my d/s motor mount in replacing with a VF Engineering one.

I took the old battery box and needed to remove some of the structural brace from the bottom it should look like an X and the end closest to the fuse box in this picture needed to be dremeled a bit.

I have bolted the battery box to a bracket near the fuse box that is available once you remove the stock airbox bracket.

DSCF2343.gif

DSCF2342.gif

DSCF2341.gif

I think that by turning the battery it makes the engine bay look more roomier and puts the weight closer to the axle for better traction perhaps.

DSCF2344.gif

DSCF2340.gif

Battery relocation

Step 1: Remove air box.
Step 2: Remove battery and battery box.
Step 3: Position jack w/ block of wood on it to support transmission.
Step 4: Remove D/S motor mount.
Step 5: Remove Air box bracket.
Step 6: Reinstall D/S motor mount.
Step 7: Remove lower X part of the battery box and the support that will rest ontop of the D/S motor mount.
Step 8: Drill a hole in the battery box side to put a bolt thru securing it to the bracket welded to the D/S strut tower (former bolt location of the Airbox bracket).
Step 9: Install battery and cables. You will need a small piece of 8 gauge wire to reach the ground location on the chassis. ~ 6-12" should be fine.

Intake from stock Zetec to fit on SVT.

Step 1: Saw out 2-3" between Maf and PCV nipple.
Step 2: Saw off 1-2" between the Maf and the end of the tube.
Step 3: Couple the Maf section with the main pipe.
Step 4: Put in MAF from stock housing into pipe.
Step 5: Put on new Cone filter.
Step 6: Attach to throttle body.

Start up car, your battery should have already been disconnected, however if you did this somehow without doing that?? then disconnect for a bit to reset the ECU.

I can post more info if anyone needs it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread