Custom Coil Covers

SVT543of2003

Established Member
I wanted to get a nice coil cover my 10th, and didn't really like anything that was available, so I have basically mocked this up to see how it looks before I commit lots of money to have a set done. I had 3M vinyl auto wrap laser cut for now to see how it'd look. I think Ford Racing should have done something like this. Depending on what I decide, I might have a set made in chrome and custom airbrush but didn't want to spend that kind of money until I "tested" it first. I did both sides, but the CAI hides the other one...lol. FYI, Stage 3 UPR kit on the way.....

engine_bay_2.JPG

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I think the flames/sperm/whatever they are coming off the sides look poorly done. That would be the only think I would change.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i personally think the SVT with the "10TH ANNIVERSARY" would look better, but they still don't look bad man. Just remember, it's your car and you should do what you like the most

SVT543of2003

Established Member
I originally had it all red the entire length of the coil cover and a through a couple of phuk ups I had to figure something out. Due to time constraints before a show, I had them made rush, I only had two vinyls and no back ups. I spend about two hours creating a template to get the right outline of the cover which has a 1/4" bevel on the outer edges all the way around and the two bolt holes, so I wanted to make sure it would true up properly. using a cardboard template, I was able to get a perfect template for the passenger side cover. I then used it to cut the vinyl to size, of course at 2am you don't realize the driver side is not EXACTLY the same, so after you cut both using the same template you see they don't true up anymore, so I had to compromise and cut them both shorter to make them work. The hidden one is actually much better aligned that the one you see in the pic.

I guess I could have just gone with just the SVT in the middle, but at 2am you say to yourself, hey...yeah......flames....that'll look siiiic....LMAO. guess not.

Good thing the whole thing is an experiment anyway, I want just the SVT 10th logo on a fully polished cover but need to figure out who can make it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread